Interior light doesnt work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Interior light doesnt work

icecats87
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I replaced the bulb on the driver side main control for the windows, and there still is no light i replaced the fuse for the interior but the light still does not turn on, anyone have any idea whats wrong? the windows still roll down

Pauljp
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Is the dimmer switch turned all the way up?
Is the power window light on the passenger side working?

icecats87
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Is the dimmer switch turned all the way up?
Is the power window light on the passenger side working?

Yes the passenger side is working

Pauljp
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes the passenger side is working

All the internal lights are in parallel after the dimmer, so if the passenger side is working there is not much left but wiring or the bulb.
You said that you changed the bulb so that just leaves wiring... however, are you sure the bulb is good?

icecats87
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM
All the internal lights are in parallel after the dimmer, so if the passenger side is working there is not much left but wiring or the bulb.
You said that you changed the bulb so that just leaves wiring... however, are you sure the bulb is good?

Yeah i got all new blue leds and then another stock one so and neither work ive tried both ways too

Pauljp
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, LED's can only go in one way, but since you tried the stock light and it still doesn't work, then all that's left is wiring.
I would start by metering the contacts at the window switch, check for voltage on one side and a good ground on the other, then work your way back.

icecats87
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah, LED's can only go in one way, but since you tried the stock light and it still doesn't work, then all that's left is wiring.
I would start by metering the contacts at the window switch, check for voltage on one side and a good ground on the other, then work your way back.

idk why the light started working all of a sudden but its orange and not blue thing i put in wrong bulb im putting the blue one back in

bricooper78
12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
well that would do it lol

icecats87
12-04-2010, 10:38 PM
well that would do it lol

haha but ever since i bought the car its never lit up and i pulled bulb out got it mixed and put same one in again and no it works but i got the blue one in and everythings working fine, i just gotta find out what size bulbs are in the hvac ones i got it open and de soldered all of them but napa couldn't find the size

bricooper78
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
seems like they were 3, 4, and 5mm bulbs, and the 3 was what was in the hvac. i know there is a thread about this, and it was old, they had all the sizes of the bulbs in it, i'll try to stumble upon it and shoot you a link

icecats87
12-05-2010, 12:21 AM
seems like they were 3, 4, and 5mm bulbs, and the 3 was what was in the hvac. i know there is a thread about this, and it was old, they had all the sizes of the bulbs in it, i'll try to stumble upon it and shoot you a link

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/DSCI0380.jpg?t=1291533555

The bottom is from the hvac there is 6 of those bulbs and 2 other kind with some black rubber thing on them, and i just have it compared to the dome light haha, i think it is a t3 but i got mine from superbrightleds.com but the t3 come with a plastic screw on thing on the bottom for like locks and stuff idk if i can find just a blue t3 bulb with out that plastic part.