what is this part called? (pics) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum


View Full Version : what is this part called? (pics)

12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
as you can see from the pictures.. it's bent.. this car was wrecked before so i'm guessing that's how it happened. I think the alignment on the left rear tire is off, because in the snow the car is nearly impossible to keep on the road.. it acts like the rear end is going from one side of the road to the other while the front end wants to point straight. I need this part replaced ASAP so help would be appreciated!!!

12-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Its called a lateral link bar. With this bent it will mess up the way the car handles.

12-15-2010, 03:13 PM
yup it will also mess with your camber and rear track angle

12-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep, that's a rear lateral link, and it's definitely bent. It's probably messing up the rear toe, and possibly more.