Replacing antenna? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replacing antenna?

heygirlhey
12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
When I first got this car, the antenna had been broken off and all that was left was a piece about 2 inches long. My Dad somehow got the piece out, tweaked the hole and stuck a new cheap antenna on my car. Months ago I went through the car wash and it ripped my antenna completely off. I've attached pictures of what everything looks like. Sorry, they aren't the best! I just want to know if it's something I can fix by myself? I don't think I can go another 8 months with no radio!

2001 Grand AM GT

PhantomLover007
12-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Inside the trunk on the right side behind the carpet is the mounting hardware for the antenna. You should be able to unhook what is left of it and install a new or used one if you decide to get one from a junk yard. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to change out

heygirlhey
12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Inside the trunk on the right side behind the carpet is the mounting hardware for the antenna. You should be able to unhook what is left of it and install a new or used one if you decide to get one from a junk yard. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to change out

I feel so stupid when someone points out that the solution is that easy. I won't blame the fact that I'm a girl and really don't know my way around a car. :) But, thank you for the info! This will be my project for tomorrow!

I was just looking to pick it up new, at Auto Zone or someplace similar. Am I needing just the antenna or the antenna assembly?

PhantomLover007
12-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I think you can get a whole assembly from them IIRC. If you have any questions, you can just tell or show a KNOWLEDGEABLE person there and they should be able to hook you up.

pontiacgt05
12-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I think you can get a whole assembly from them IIRC. If you have any questions, you can just tell or show a KNOWLEDGEABLE person there and they should be able to hook you up.

That knowledgable part might be pretty hard..