HID what to get? HELP! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID what to get? HELP!

1HOT SE
01-01-2011, 02:26 AM
I did some research reading other posts...tons of research. But there is too much to read since there is about 1000 different posts re: HID kits. But most of all alot of it is too confusing.
There is the question on quality and where to get it, ebay vs online store i.e customgrandam.
My DRL's are already disabled, and I am not putting them in stock housing.
I'm getting Halo Blk CCFL headlights.
I am just looking for plug and play, that come will all the hardware.
*****I don't want to have to deal with getting extra ballasts, relays, re-wiring, pulling or changing pins, or having HID sometimes working, or changing swaping different size/type of bulbs.******
I am planning on th Bi-Xenon high low kit( b/c vehicle inspections require both hi low beam to be working) 6000k white.

PLEASE HELP. I NEED SIMPLICITY
pls PM me or email aliarakos@hotmail.com

BattousaiX33
01-01-2011, 05:28 AM
I did some research reading other posts...tons of research. But there is too much to read since there is about 1000 different posts re: HID kits. But most of all alot of it is too confusing.
There is the question on quality and where to get it, ebay vs online store i.e customgrandam.
My DRL's are already disabled, and I am not putting them in stock housing.
I'm getting Halo Blk CCFL headlights.
I am just looking for plug and play, that come will all the hardware.
*****I don't want to have to deal with getting extra ballasts, relays, re-wiring, pulling or changing pins, or having HID sometimes working, or changing swaping different size/type of bulbs.******
I am planning on th Bi-Xenon high low kit( b/c vehicle inspections require both hi low beam to be working) 6000k white.

PLEASE HELP. I NEED SIMPLICITY
pls PM me or email aliarakos@hotmail.com

which e-bay projectors are you getting? most of them have seperate low and high beams, the projector is the low beam and the one next to it is the high beam (non projector). you only need to get an hid low beam kit. one of the best places to get the hid kit is hidny.com, you will have to splice a few wires and it will be done. most projectors require cutting of the header panel to make them fit better. this style require no cutting of the header panel. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-05-GRAND-AM-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-8000K-XENON-HID-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aGrandQ20AmQQhashZi tem3cb3aa63d8QQitemZ260712326104QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ 5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Item #260712326104 and the chrome version. hope this helps.

Sebgonz
01-01-2011, 08:34 PM
which e-bay projectors are you getting? most of them have seperate low and high beams, the projector is the low beam and the one next to it is the high beam (non projector). you only need to get an hid low beam kit. one of the best places to get the hid kit is hidny.com, you will have to splice a few wires and it will be done. most projectors require cutting of the header panel to make them fit better. this style require no cutting of the header panel. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-05-GRAND-AM-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-8000K-XENON-HID-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aGrandQ20AmQQhashZi tem3cb3aa63d8QQitemZ260712326104QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ 5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Item #260712326104 and the chrome version. hope this helps.

I was also looking into this. Chris, you say that the one you linked to doesn't need any cutting. But does it need the HID kit from hidny? Or would I be able to get those and that would be it?

BattousaiX33
01-02-2011, 04:36 AM
I was also looking into this. Chris, you say that the one you linked to doesn't need any cutting. But does it need the HID kit from hidny? Or would I be able to get those and that would be it?

i am pretty sure that you don't need to cut the header panel with this style of projectors. all of the others do. the one in the link looks like it comes with hids, so i would assume that you don't need to get a hid kit.

1HOT SE
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130464494377&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1HOT SE
01-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I thought, like our stock headlights, the low and high beam are in the same location. So a bi-xenon kit would be needed as vehicle standards require you to have both. I know that with the LOW HID you won't need to use the high beams, but does that mean high's wont work at all if you have a low hid kit? or is the low hid and the high a hollogen bulb?
But as in your previous post, it stated the high bean is next to the low depending on the type of headlight. What wires were you talking about splicing?...other than the halos. Aren't the headlights itself plug and play into the stock harnesses, via the ballasts?

I googled hindy.com with no luck. A link would be nice.

BattousaiX33
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130464494377&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

those you need to cut the header panel to make them fit.

I thought, like our stock headlights, the low and high beam are in the same location. So a bi-xenon kit would be needed as vehicle standards require you to have both. I know that with the LOW HID you won't need to use the high beams, but does that mean high's wont work at all if you have a low hid kit? or is the low hid and the high a hollogen bulb?
But as in your previous post, it stated the high bean is next to the low depending on the type of headlight. What wires were you talking about splicing?...other than the halos. Aren't the headlights itself plug and play into the stock harnesses, via the ballasts?

I googled hindy.com with no luck. A link would be nice.

it's http://www.hidny.com/ not hindy.com. here is a pic to help you understand it better, i pointed to the low and high beams. the high beam is seperate from the projector and uses a halogen bulb. when you hit your high beam the projector turns off and the halogen high comes on, but with the high beam you can see further down the road. if you want you can put a second hid kit into the high beam so that you have dual hids for low and high.

if you get those projectors they are wired up already to a plug that connects to the stock harness. you would have to tie in the hid kit into the low beam wire. when i get a chance i will take a pic with my projectors from the back to show you how it would have to be done.

Sebgonz
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks Chris. You've made this a lot easier for me to figure out.

1HOT SE
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
those you need to cut the header panel to make them fit.

it's http://www.hidny.com/ not hindy.com. here is a pic to help you understand it better, i pointed to the low and high beams. the high beam is seperate from the projector and uses a halogen bulb. when you hit your high beam the projector turns off and the halogen high comes on, but with the high beam you can see further down the road. if you want you can put a second hid kit into the high beam so that you have dual hids for low and high.

if you get those projectors they are wired up already to a plug that connects to the stock harness. you would have to tie in the hid kit into the low beam wire. when i get a chance i will take a pic with my projectors from the back to show you how it would have to be done.

Thanx 4 the link and the info. I looked on the link, then looked under HID basic kit category. What HID kit will be the one for these headlights? If the high beams are in the seperate light housing, then then you wouldn't need the HiLow Dual Beam (I assume this kit would be for our stock type of headlights with the hi/low together correct?!), just the Single HID Xenon Single Beam Basic Ballast Conversion Kit (the firs one) for the projector headlights as you stated before.
What is with the last HID kit at the bottom. It looks like there is battery terminal connection cables there...that the other kits don't have.???

BattousaiX33
01-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks Chris. You've made this a lot easier for me to figure out.

No Problem glad i could help.

Thanx 4 the link and the info. I looked on the link, then looked under HID basic kit category. What HID kit will be the one for these headlights? If the high beams are in the seperate light housing, then then you wouldn't need the HiLow Dual Beam (I assume this kit would be for our stock type of headlights with the hi/low together correct?!), just the Single HID Xenon Single Beam Basic Ballast Conversion Kit (the firs one) for the projector headlights as you stated before.
What is with the last HID kit at the bottom. It looks like there is battery terminal connection cables there...that the other kits don't have.???

you would want the first one. http://www.hidny.com/product.sc?productId=1&categoryId=36 since it's a single beam kit. just pick the color temp and what size bulb you want/ need. and yes, if you were to put hid's in stock housing you would want a hi/lo kit.

the reason that it looks like battery terminal cables it because it's for a different type of hid bulbs, look at the Item details. if you look at the base of the hid bulbs in the pic you posted and look at the cables you can see thats how they hook up.

2 Waterproof Xenon HID D2R/S/C Bulbs.
2 D2R D2C connectors.

oldschoolguy
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
you don't need to cut the header panel for those. I'm pretty sure a cousin got those exact ones, and didn't have to do any cutting