O2 Sensor Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor Question

91lespaul
01-06-2011, 06:34 AM
I was looking online at NAPA for O2 sensor pricing. What is the difference between sensor with RC9, and sensor without RC9?

How do I determine which I need? Also, per online it seems NAPA only list "front" O2 sensor, pre-cat I assume. Don't see post-cat one listed.

Thanks

AaronGTR
01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
No idea. I've never heard of anything to do with "RC9" on the O2 sensors in these cars. I can tell you there is absolutely no difference in the function of a front or rear sensor. The cars computer uses them for different purposes but the sensors themselves are identical in construction and operation. Only difference is the rear one has a longer wire lead on it to reach the harness.

Basically as long as it is a four wire heated O2 sensor it will work. I've heard some people have had trouble with the Bosch sensors in these cars not reading as accurately or lasting as long though. I'd stick with the factory Delco sensors or the NGK sensors.

91lespaul
01-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks, apparently NAPA doesn't know what RC9 is either. Stopped there last night to get the sensor and asked them. They said that it didn't say anything about RC9 on their computer (the online search did).

So, the 2 sensors functionally are the same, but the "downstream" one is $20 more for some longer wire? Nice.