Got Darn It!!! AHHH [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Got Darn It!!! AHHH

ioseida
01-10-2011, 01:44 PM
So i just swapped out the tsat, hoses and what not two days ago..

And now my GA got a P0113 Code Intake Ait Temp sensor ( Circuit High OUtput)

Ohh and on top of that every time I shift it from Parking to drive it jerks, same if its from drive to parking or reverse it jerks.... when I drive I feel a huge gear change.. Sucks man I am really pis****ed I hate the fact that issues come all at once..

Any ideas if this P0113 might be making my Tranny go koo koo?

Malaclypse
01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I believe the IAT does have an affect on trans operation.

Did you leave it unplugged?

WidbyJ
01-10-2011, 07:07 PM
IAT can cause several problems. Make sure it is well connected. They rarely fail but are cheap and easy to replace...

G.I.Ceo
01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes that sensor will cause your tranny to shift hard. I had a problem with my MAP sensor causing the exact same issue. Make sure all your connections are tight and plugged in correctly. Once you get that code fixed your tranny should be totaly fine. I had a short in my MAP sensor and when I shifted from park to drive or back again I thought my tranny was going to break in half. Whatever you do try not to drive it that way because you can cause internal damage.

ioseida
01-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Well my pops was able to pick up a sensor frm napa auto part,but since it was too dark outside I was only able to hook it up but no luck, so tmmrw I will be wire hunting too see if I find a short or something.. oh and yeah I have not been driving it since I dnt want my tranny to get screwed up...thanks for all ur help

BattousaiX33
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
maybe one of your transmission mounts are broke. i had one that was broke and when i shifted it from park to reverse, you could hear a clunking noise.

ioseida
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Well so I got a new harness plug for sensor, 21.00 bucks wow cost more than the actual sensor.. striped the plastic coverings to check the wires all looked good, hooked up the new plug n now everything is working..Hope nothing else decides to break..