What's the part called again ?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What's the part called again ??

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
On my 2000 pontiac GAGT sedan ,my service vehicle light is on steady , but I am not yet finding any ill effects while driving .Back in Aug/Sept ??

I had MacPhee Pontiac hooked it up to there large hand held dianogistics machine to tell me what the problem was. I just cannot remember exactly what he said the part needing replacement was called.

I know it is above the gas tank and tank would need to come down for the repair. I don't believe it was a sensor , but maybe ??? a module ???
They said it would cost a couple hundred to repair.

AaronGAGT
01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
fuel pump? Above the gas tank is the back seat no?

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
No sir not that . They said it is above the tank and tank would need to come down for repair/replacement.

Lab Rat
01-12-2011, 09:25 AM
There is nothing above the fuel tank except the fuel pump module. Are they talking about the vapor canister? I personally have never heard of needing to change that. If you could get the actual code numbers it would help alot. I did have to change my fuel filler tube since a rust hole would not allow the tank to pressurize. I had a P0440 code.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
01-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't have a code sorry, they hooked it up free first time. so when I take it in next time there will likely be a cost to hook it up. They did not say I was actually on the tank I THINK ???...I had a guy at a car show descibe a few parts in that area above the tank and again the name of item I forgot . I believee it is a 2 or 3 part name.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
01-12-2011, 08:01 PM
It was mentioned these parts in area above fuel tank >> Back there is the fuel pump, fuel level sensor for the gas guage. Then there's the evaporative emissions system parts. Purge solenoid, evap canister, and vent valve.

My fuel cap is as you would figure practically brand new& filler neck perfectly smooth. I know about that freak occurance with fuel caps with cars . Had it happen to my 98 grand am when I had it .

VENT valve sounds familiar. Is there a slightly extend name , maybe more techinical name then just VENT VALVE that mechanic could have used ?? And are we talking expensive to buy part ??
I know MacPhee said a couple hundred to repair the situtation.