Radio Electrical Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio Electrical Problems

stangedgt
01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
I have a 2000 Grandam Gt and the radio is driving me nuts.. I have changed the after market cd player out with the stock radio and they both have the same problem.. The radio stays lite up the whole time (which means theres power to it at all times) and the radio or cd player cuts in and out.. It pretty much has a mind of its own and plays when ever it wants.. I checked all the fuses and they are all good.. Could a ground be loose somewhere that is tripn this? But if so why would it stay powered up and not play nethin? If anyone has any input on this I would greatly appreciate it!!!

stangedgt
02-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Bump.. ANYBODY got info or input?

Stevo
02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I had this happen to me with my factory radio in my 07 silverado after i hooked it up to subs. They said the radio was faulty and it had to be repalced, but ive heard of radios that go bad because of the ampage etc of having a system. Is your HU powering anything, subs etc? And what exactly does it do when it cuts out?

stangedgt
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
The person that had it before me put aftermarket speakers thru out the car and had subs in it. I took the subs out and unhooked all the wires when i bought it. I had a aftermarket cd player in it but it was cutting out all the time. The deck would stay powered up like at night the buttons would light up and the radio would go in and out. When it stopped playing the screen would go blank (you could hit recall and the time would come up tho) it use to be when i would hit bumps itd go out but now it does it whenever. I switched the aftermarket out with a factory radio and it does the exact same thing.

Stevo
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
You might have a bad ground, or your stereo wires could be the culprit. When you removed the old aftermarket HU, how did the wires look, any frayed wires of that such?