HELP!! Need insight on possible trans problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need insight on possible trans problem

Ceej
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Okay so basically I think something with my trans or involving the trans (torque converter) is going bad.

It does not happen everytime, and it doesn't matter how much i've let the car warm up. When I'm accelerating through 2nd into 3rd, the car feels like its trying to shift but it cant. The RPM's will bounce between 1k and 2k and then engine makes a repetitive revving sound. The car jerks pretty bad when it does this too.

Does this sound like it could be the torque converter, or am I looking at a rebuilt trans :(

whiteGT99
01-31-2011, 12:21 AM
when was the last time the trans filter was changed?

Ceej
01-31-2011, 06:19 AM
I've had the car around a year and a half and have not changed it

350rs
01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
i had some strange jerking around on regular cruising when it was under a bit of a load (uphill or something like that). When i pulled my engine out for the rebuild i looked around the tranny a bit. There was a fairly large connector by the big mount up front of the transmission. Mine was a bit loose. Wiggled it around and got it a bit more steady and i havent had a lick of transmission trouble since.

Ceej
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
It almost feels like it's trying to shift but it can't, so it might be that since sensors and connectors are so bad in grand ams