coolant condensation. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : coolant condensation.

BJPbrandon2448
02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
hey guys i have just have a minor issue atleast i think it is i dont know to much about cars just alot of the basic stuff... so anyway my car sits in my grandpa's garage through the winter i go over to start it and check on it once a month... anyway the other day when i checked under the hood i had some condensation on my coolant lines right around my tank and were it ran down to the radiator? is this common i mean i wiped it all off and i never seen anything come back before i left... i researched it a little and someone told my i might have a really small leak in that line? i dont really buy that because like i said i wiped it off and it didnt come back?

Stevo
02-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I could be wrong, but condensation is formed when something goes from cold to hot and vice versa. So im thinking you had condensation because of the temperature and when you started your car condensation formed from the changing of temp to cold to hot quickly. As long as its not coming back, im sure your fine.

BJPbrandon2448
02-02-2011, 10:01 AM
alright thanks man thats what i was thinking but it kinda surprised me really because its not like really cold in the garage maybe 50 outside its like 10 though my car gets super hot under the hood though... i got a problem with that insulator thing thats on the underside of the hood i cant find a good replacement for those circle pins that hold it on and the previous owner let it go and it just slowly got shredded and is really going to hell... was just gonna pull it out but i figured its there for a reason! to absorb heat i dont want my hood to get hot like that... idk im just glad you think the same thing about that condensation :)