locking and remote dont work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : locking and remote dont work

Bratthauer
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
the doors dont lock other than manually but they unlock with the door switch. my remote will not reprogram or if it is programed right then it does not work. i check the fuse in the dash for the locks and it checks out good.

is it all tied into the horn somehow? the GA was in a accident a few months back nd the wires to the horn ripped out. possibly blew that fuse.

also the car sat in the garage for awhile with a dead battery before and while i repaired it.

would either of the two have any thing to do with the passlock system?

any help would be appreciated. i really do wana have to take the fender liner out to get to the horn if that is not what is causin the problem. bad thing is i cant lock the car up cause the key is different from the door and will not unlock it.

Ceej
02-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Do they work fine if you use the unlock buttons on the doors? The button may just be going bad. My driver side window button likes to randomly not work sometimes.

Shade2012
02-04-2011, 06:15 AM
the doors dont lock other than manually but they unlock with the door switch. my remote will not reprogram or if it is programed right then it does not work. i check the fuse in the dash for the locks and it checks out good.

is it all tied into the horn somehow? the GA was in a accident a few months back nd the wires to the horn ripped out. possibly blew that fuse.

also the car sat in the garage for awhile with a dead battery before and while i repaired it.

would either of the two have any thing to do with the passlock system?

any help would be appreciated. i really do wana have to take the fender liner out to get to the horn if that is not what is causin the problem. bad thing is i cant lock the car up cause the key is different from the door and will not unlock it.

Do they work fine if you use the unlock buttons on the doors? The button may just be going bad. My driver side window button likes to randomly not work sometimes.

Yes.

Pauljp
02-04-2011, 08:32 AM
On my 2003 GAGT the power lock buttons on the passenger and drivers side both do the same thing. They talk to the BCM (Body Control Module) by either providing a ground (Lock) or 1.5k resistor (unlock).
The BCM will then send one of three signals to the left instrument panel fuse block. Either a "All Doors Lock", "All Doors Unlock" or "Driver Door Unlock".
These three signals go to three different relays also located in the left IP fuse box.
So, since you say you have already verified the 15A/Fuse H/Door Lock Fuse then it is either the relays or your BCM.
Reseat your relays or swap them (they are all the same) and check the connectors on your BCM.
Did you try the switches on both doors?

Note: Your (RCDLR) Remote Control Door Lock Receiver gets it's power from the "20A/Trunk Rel/Radio Amp/Fuse B" located in the Left IP fuse box. Check that for your remote.

Ceej
02-04-2011, 10:38 AM
He mentioned that they only UNLOCK from the doors, that's why I asked.

And my remote randomly gave up on me.

Bratthauer
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
thanks for the input nd help. i bought new relays and tried them but neither of the switches locked the doors so i out the old back in. i found the remote for the remote starter nd checked to see if that would do anything. it unlocks the doors and opens the truck but will not lock the doors. so i think the factory remote is done for so im gonna get a new one of them nd see if the new one will do anything. seeings as i found my extra remote nd it unlocks it ill just lock the car the old fashion way nd replace the bcm sometime in the future. thanks again guys.