how 2 remove rocker panels?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : how 2 remove rocker panels??

GRAND-AM-SE
02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
i took the stupid screws out, but it still wouldnt budget

whats wrong

mine is a SE by the way

alexmorrison06
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
did u take the tabs off that hold it to the bottom of the car?

SC/T02
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Tug. That is it. there are about 12 push pin plastic tabs. Just start in the bottom corner and work your way around popping them out one at a time. When you get to the top window seal after all the others, you will lift straight up. It all kind of sits on top like a little hook.

You said you did get all the screws right? Behind the reflector, in the arm rest...

Let me know if this helps.

AaronGTR
02-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Tug. That is it. there are about 12 push pin plastic tabs. Just start in the bottom corner and work your way around popping them out one at a time. When you get to the top window seal after all the others, you will lift straight up. It all kind of sits on top like a little hook.

You said you did get all the screws right? Behind the reflector, in the arm rest...

Let me know if this helps.

He said rocker panels, not door panels. ;)

There are screws around the inside of the wheel wells, double sided tape along the top edge that you have to pull off, and a bunch plastic clips along the bottom edge. It takes a little bit of muscle, but they will come off.

SC/T02
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
He said rocker panels, not door panels. ;)

There are screws around the inside of the wheel wells, double sided tape along the top edge that you have to pull off, and a bunch plastic clips along the bottom edge. It takes a little bit of muscle, but they will come off.

Hahaha my bad. Sorry about that. Do exactly what Aaron said. Next time I will pay better attention.

GRAND-AM-SE
02-19-2011, 09:49 AM
thanks