ok guys dnt kow whats wrong now!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ok guys dnt kow whats wrong now!!!

WHITEDUST
02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
well guys my wife was leaving the apartments yesterday and out of no where she said the car shaked real bad and the car turn off as she turn it on again it kept doing it

well i went to go look at it and it sound like if something was stuck on the intake or something i hear air sucking but at the same time sound like something is stoping sucking from the intake

help please

thanks in advance

AaronGTR
02-20-2011, 04:54 PM
unfortunately, that isn't really specific enough for us to tell you anything. Time to start taking things apart and look for a problem, or take it to a mechanic.

WHITEDUST
02-21-2011, 09:49 PM
unfortunately, that isn't really specific enough for us to tell you anything. Time to start taking things apart and look for a problem, or take it to a mechanic.

oh mannn!!! lol

well a mechanic just did the gastket change on it since it kept heating up so everything was gng real well till now im calling the mechanic but no answer

WHITEDUST
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
ok guys well the code po108 came out now i just need to investigate what code is this any help

Stevo
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Thats a MAP sensor i believe, correct me if Im wrong. Probably needs replacing

AaronGTR
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
P0108 is MAP sensor circuit high voltage. Probably either a bad MAP sensor or damaged wiring harness. Try replacing the sensor first since it's easier than chasing down wiring shorts.

WHITEDUST
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok one more silly question where is this Map sensor located

AaronGTR
02-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Back of the upper intake manifold, right in front of the ignition coils. It's a little black rectangle with a vacuum port on bottom going to a rubber T on the manifold and a 3 wire plug on it. Can't miss it.

GMMike
02-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok one more silly question where is this Map sensor located

Hey man what part of town you live in?

WHITEDUST
02-26-2011, 08:43 PM
ok got it but swap it out and it still does this problem wtf

WHITEDUST
02-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey man what part of town you live in?

se by hobby airport

WHITEDUST
02-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Anybody have a clue

What's the problem now

AaronGTR
02-27-2011, 01:37 PM
well, if it's not the MAP sensor itself, then it could be a problem with the wiring harness or plug, or with the pcm itself.

WHITEDUST
02-28-2011, 04:56 AM
well, if it's not the MAP sensor itself, then it could be a problem with the wiring harness or plug, or with the pcm itself.

Hey. How can I check if it's the PCM Beacause all the wiring looks good. But I notice there is a line broken maybe when they swap out the gaskets. The broke it and didn't tell me the put tape at te end of the line that was broken If u looking the engine Te front valve cover there is a line coming out from the right side gng back to the intake that line is broken what is that line for. Dnt know where it's suppose to be connected to.

AaronGTR
02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey. How can I check if it's the PCM because all the wiring looks good. But I notice there is a line broken maybe when they swap out the gaskets. The broke it and didn't tell me the put tape at te end of the line that was broken If u looking the engine Te front valve cover there is a line coming out from the right side gng back to the intake that line is broken what is that line for. Dnt know where it's suppose to be connected to.

:doh::hammer: F'ing hack shops! That really p!sses me off....ok.

Yes, that definitely could be your problem! There is a vacuum line that puts vacuum on the tube to the PCV valve (on the front valve cover) from a port on top of the UIM. Pretty sure the other end connects to the EVAP solenoid. Been a long time since I've looked at that and I don't have a stock car around to look at anymore. lol Anyhow, I don't know which one you are saying is broken, but there is another vacuum tube that hooks to the fuel pressure regulator at the front right corner, and that little line runs to the back of the engine and has the MAP sensor hooked to it.

I would say if that shop broke a line and just taped the end of it, then they owe you a new vacuum tube. I'd definitely go back there and b*tch them out for it.

cutlsp
02-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I could take a few pictures of my 04 but could the route of the vacuum line changed? My car is fairly stock. Let me know if I can help.

WHITEDUST
03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
ok guys well follow the line and everything was good but finally found the problem these mechanics that change my gaskets **** all my **** up

on do yall know the line that come fron the front valve cover to the back

well in the middle of that line there is a piece that goes into the intake right well these guys put take as a gasket seal on the line i took it off and had tape all in the intake took it out and it start with out a problem now put the code machine no more code :applause::applause:

but now the car stays shaking now and it has a awful smell im thinking tape went into the intake it self what yall think now

AaronGTR
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Hmm.... I suppose it's possible something got down in the intake. You definitely aren't supposed to put anything around that pipe. If anything, they should have used RTV to seal it up, but really if it wasn't tight and was causing a vacuum leak, the pipe should have just been replaced.

WHITEDUST
03-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Hmm.... I suppose it's possible something got down in the intake. You definitely aren't supposed to put anything around that pipe. If anything, they should have used RTV to seal it up, but really if it wasn't tight and was causing a vacuum leak, the pipe should have just been replaced.

Yup I said the same thing.

Well I'm ng to take of the intake ought now hopefully I find the problem cause this Damm car can stop shaking. Lol.