Blower Motor and etc. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor and etc.

Stevo
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Ok well i finally got around to removing my blower motor/fan as it sounded like something was in there moving around. Sure enough I find leaves, sunflower seed shells and about 4 years of smoking.( Car started off as a rental, then old lady who smoked like tommmorow was the end of the world). Came across acouple questions if yall dont mind halping me out.

1. How does leaves get in there?

2. The module that is directly underneath my blower motor( what is that called), the LT. GREY has some corosion, is that bad? and is cleaning it with a Q-tip and alc ok?

3. Any way to remove the fan from the blower motor itself, (grime from all the smoke and dust is everywhere and dont want to risk damaging the motor)

Thanks Everyone!
O and has anyone done a how to on this: was contemplating taking pictures just to show how the removal was, it wasnt that hard so im sure a no brainer can do it

WidbyJ
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
1. They get sucked in through the louvers at the base of the windshield. Some cars have window screen-like material in there to block junk.

2. Should be ok although alcohol won't remove much more than just dirt. If its working don't mess with it.

3. The fan is molded onto the end of the motor shaft and probably won't come off without damaging things. You should be able to soak it clean by placing it in a bucket, motor side up, and then pouring in a cleaning solution (Simple Green works great for this) until just the fan section is covered. Let it soak for a half-hour and then rinse clean carefully in a sink. A toothbrush works really well to scrub all the little blades clean. This will take a while but is probably the best you can do.

Clean inside the fan housing also cause a lot of junk sticks to the plastics. Good luck!

Stevo
02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Shes all nice and shinny! one more question what is that module called that i mentioned earlier? because my car would not start without it, just curious. Im gunna pull one of my headlights next and try to reduce the hazing

WidbyJ
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
If it has a large bundle of wires that is the BCM (Body Control Module). This is the computer that runs everything except the engine. No modern car will run without one... The ECM (Engine Control Module) is on the drivers side.