damn heat again [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : damn heat again

madmike77
02-24-2011, 10:10 AM
so i recently replaced my tstat cuz my car was only blowing hot when i was on the gas well it didnt fix it. i got home today and luckily as i pulled into my driveway it overheated and pissed dexcool all over my driveway i searched the threads and came up with multiple solutions, however i would like to narrow it down since i do not have a money tree anymore. my oil is not milky and the antifreeze is not getting oil in it but the 2 silver lines going into the passenger side firewall remain cold after letting the car warm up for half an hour any help hints or tricks would be very helpful.

WidbyJ
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Heater core is clogged -or- water pump has failed (possible the tstat is in backwards or jammed). Coolant should be flowing through those lines BEFORE heat gets to the main hoses. Sadly there is no easy way to see if the coolant is actually flowing through the system...

Do the main coolant hoses to the radiator get warm?
What temperatures does the dash indicate?
Do the cooling fans come on?

A little more info will help with diagnosis.

madmike77
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
cooling fans work,already let air pockets out ,and checked the level of dexcool, tstat was installed by a gm mechanic , radiator hoses get warm however they collapse when i throttle the engine.temp was sitting around 200 and spiked all the way up car started bogging and stuttering so i shut it off then it pissed about a half gallon of dexcool . i could not figure out where from since that whole side of engine was wet

madmike77
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
so now i let air pockets out letting the car run for bout an hour doing it every 15 min. added more dexcool and still only have heat when at a steady speed , let off the gas ,cold again 2 hoses going into passenger side of car (alluminum ones) were ice cold , and the upper and lower hoses to the radiator get warm but do not build up pressure . i really dont wanna spend a grand to find out i could've only spent a couple hundred!!

XtremeGaGt00
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
i have a feeling them 2 silver aluminum lines that go into your firewall that your checking are for your a/c..the 2 lines your looking for are 2 rubber black lines that go into the firewall and are more towards the middle or closer to the driver side of the firewall.

madmike77
03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
found the problem its a blown head gasket heads still appear good taking them tomorrow to have them checked and decked anyways $200 for gasket kit ,$ 100 for head grinding, not havin to do the work myself $$priceless$$ i got some good pics as soon as i remember how to put them on here all 6 cylinders have a puddle of dexcool in em