Car will not start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car will not start

darkshines
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I made this thread last week: here (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85030)

you can see from post #19 that the problem was resolved once I replaced the alternator.

doesn't seem like it was resolved.

Basically, I go to start the car, and it does not crank. No "tick tick" from the starter either. No sound made whatsoever, barring the fuel pump hum.

The fuel pump priming makes the audible hum but doesn't show any fuel in the tank, though I'm certain there is fuel present as I drove home last night. My horn works, power locks/windows work, headlights work - the only thing unusual is my aftermarket HU does not turn on, though it worked perfectly last night. I'm not sure what that could mean.

As far as I can tell, this is not a security issue. There is NO security light on the dash, and all the dash lights turn on when I turn the key to ACC/ON and all disappear except SERVICE ENGINE SOON after I go to turn it over, but that light is always on while the car is in the ON position without the engine started so I don't believe that is suspect.

Battery is new, alternator is new. I had a voltage resistance test or something done when I had the alternator diagnosed, and they didn't mention any issues with the starter.

I've had the security issue occur maybe three times in the 4 years I've owned the vehicle, and I've always remedied it by a 10-min relearn or whatever. This exact issue (car shows no fuel despite containing fuel, radio won't turn on - car won't crank) happened to me a few months ago, and it turned out simply to be a loose battery terminal. However, I just had my battery terminals replaced and my wiring cleaned up, so that's not the case.

Any ideas?

darkshines
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
For some reason I couldn't include two distinct thread hyperlinks in one post, it kept renaming both links to just one of them.

While searching, I found this thread which is very similar to my issue: here (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83856)

Does not look like it was resolved.

juanvan
03-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Check your fuse box for the starter hot lead fuse. Make sure the signal is being sent to the starting system.

Edit: Drivers side.