security light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : security light

Allstargoalie29
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey guys. I have a 2002 grand am ft and the security light was on when I bought it and cannot be shut off. The guy from the shop said who ever put the automatic start in or a new ignition switch messed with the security wireand its been on ever since. So I've hadit with no problems for over 8 months and now its stalled out twice on me and wont start for a
while. Any suggestions of what it could be or what I need to do or where I should take it and how much im gonna need to pay ya think. Thanks guys!

Stevo
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Just bypass the security system, im sure someone here can find/provide the link to the how to. its pretty straight forward and most people have had no problems after theyve done it with the light comming back on

rizer
03-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Could also be the ignition lock cylinder. When i installed one once it was from a alero and the light stayed on but would not stall out after starting

GMMike
03-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Could also be the ignition lock cylinder. When i installed one once it was from a alero and the light stayed on but would not stall out after starting

That's what I did on my Grand Am. Security was disabled but at least I didn't have to worry about waiting 10 minutes to start the car anymore.