Power Steering Hoses [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Hoses

turdstangjunk69
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the power steering hoses- both the pressure and the return hoses. One of my hoses have a leak in them but i cannot tell which one it is. I heard the return line is just a plain rubber hose? From what i can tell the hose that is leaking in my case is a rubber one but it is also covered by the black wire loom cover stuff. Any ideas? Also i know my car has the power assist because it has a plug on the power steering pump.

AaronGTR
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
There ya go. ;)

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79078&highlight=power+steering+hose

turdstangjunk69
03-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for that picture aaron. I have a question though. Do you know which line has the black wire loom around it? I can only see the pictures on my phone as my computer is broke at the moment.

AaronGTR
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I believe that is the pressure line. I'd have to go out and look at it to make sure though. It's not really hard to figure out. The return line is the one that goes to the bottom of the reservoir and it's just connected with a hose clamp. Other one is the pressure line and that screws into the pump since it has to hold a lot more pressure.