Car brakes itself (not stuck calipers) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car brakes itself (not stuck calipers)

93white3400z
03-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi guys,

So I have one weird issue. My car started to brake itself while I'm driving, pretty cool uh ? I was driving home from work the other day while the car started doing this. It got to the point I almost had to floor it to make it home. Finally made it, and there was a strong brake pads smell from the front right wheel. Other wheel were fine. I figured caliper was stuck (even if I changed both front last summer) so I changed that. The day after, same thing happen. Once I got home I noticed it was the driver side front that was smelling like brake pad, so I figured that maybe I should change the driver side caliper too. But guess what, the day after, same thing happened, but I couldn't figure out which one was stuck, cause nothing was smelling like brake pad (wasn't braking itself as bad). It does seems to be the front brake that are sticking tho, it kinda feels like it when I'm driving.

At this point, I'm pretty lost, did anyone ever had a similar issue? I searched and couldn't find anything.

I was thinking maybe the abs module is messed up ?!

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated :D