SVS light, Shift into gear, headlights come on? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SVS light, Shift into gear, headlights come on?

AaronGAGT
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
This just recently started happening along with my annoying Passlock/security malfunction.

First realized something was wrong when I was backing out of the driveway this morning and my SVS light came on. Didn't have any noticeable problems so I didn't think it wasn't anything serious (and probably isn't).

Now that its dark out, I found out why the SVS was. When I put it into reverse, the headlights come on very dim for about 3 seconds, flicker for another 2 seconds, then out, then SVS light.

Any ideas how to fix this or what the heck is causing it??

AaronGAGT
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I should mention that I have DRL override and full control of my headlights, so my headlights should not be coming on at all if I dont want them to. I have not messed with any electrical since 4-5 years ago when I did the mod.

icecats87
03-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Bad ground maybe?

AaronGAGT
03-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Bad ground where? And for what? I'm not trying to turn headlights on, they're coming on when I put it in gear. I don't think a bad ground is going to cause that.

icecats87
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Bad ground where? And for what? I'm not trying to turn headlights on, they're coming on when I put it in gear. I don't think a bad ground is going to cause that.

I have new clue that's weird

Kyle
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Ever find what is causing this? I have the same problem

SkiZZor
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I would check your headlights and your taillight bulbs. I had that exact thing happen and it turns out one of my headlights were bad and it was causing a short on the highbeam side.

AaronGAGT
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Ever find what is causing this? I have the same problem

One of the wires at my BCM came loose somehow. Can't remember which one it was, but I resoldered the ALC/DRL override wires and did a fresh ground. Problem went away right after that.