Fuel Rail Inlet Pipe O Ring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Rail Inlet Pipe O Ring

G.I.Ceo
04-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Well I got my car all back together and when I go to engage the fuel pump my fuel rail starts shooting fuel everywhere. I guess you need a o ring for the inlet tube that goes into the rail. Does anyone know where I can get this o ring? I had this happen to me once before when I did other work but I got it to work without a o ring somehow.

icecats87
04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I got my car all back together and when I go to engage the fuel pump my fuel rail starts shooting fuel everywhere. I guess you need a o ring for the inlet tube that goes into the rail. Does anyone know where I can get this o ring? I had this happen to me once before when I did other work but I got it to work without a o ring somehow.

exact same thing happened to my car after i got everything together the old O ring was actually stuck almost inside fuel rail, measure the slot where the O ring goes too, then go to an auto parts store they should have it, if you can wait at my school we had a huge bin of O rings so i got one that fits perfect and had sizes on it i can look if you can wait if not just ask someone at an auto parts store

G.I.Ceo
04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
^ Does the o ring go on the groove of the fitting that you screw into the fuel rail. I have a o ring but it is just a hair to fat so it won't go into the rail.

icecats87
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
^ Does the o ring go on the groove of the fitting that you screw into the fuel rail. I have a o ring but it is just a hair to fat so it won't go into the rail.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/Untitled-1.png?t=1301773323 i circled the O ring in picture i found it easiest to un bolt the 2 10MM bolts then remove the fuel rail so you can angle it to screw into the fuel line if that makes sense, just since the fuel line doesnt have to much slack and its sort of at an angle so i just poped rail out tilted it up screwed it in then lind up injectors to the holes and bolted everything up

KhellendrosxS
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Put a small bit of oil on the ring before you insert it so you dont tear it.

I got a small packet of fuel contact rated o-rings at NAPA for a few bucks and picked out the one that looked like it fit the groove. No leaks after 3 years.

G.I.Ceo
04-02-2011, 03:19 PM
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/Untitled-1.png?t=1301773323 i circled the O ring in picture i found it easiest to un bolt the 2 10MM bolts then remove the fuel rail so you can angle it to screw into the fuel line if that makes sense, just since the fuel line doesnt have to much slack and its sort of at an angle so i just poped rail out tilted it up screwed it in then lind up injectors to the holes and bolted everything up Thanks for the pic because that is exactly the spot I was talking about. One little problem like that is stopping me from finishing.

Put a small bit of oil on the ring before you insert it so you dont tear it.

I got a small packet of fuel contact rated o-rings at NAPA for a few bucks and picked out the one that looked like it fit the groove. No leaks after 3 years.
Well I bet if I do that then the o ring I have will probably work just fine then. I just wonder how I got it to work before without a o ring at all.

icecats87
04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the pic because that is exactly the spot I was talking about. One little problem like that is stopping me from finishing.

Well I bet if I do that then the o ring I have will probably work just fine then. I just wonder how I got it to work before without a o ring at all.

let me know if it works out

HOYS
04-02-2011, 08:38 PM
x2 to getting a universal O-Ring. I actually ordered the ACDelco O-ring set for like 10 bucks...waited for it to get in...then a day before got the universal O-ring and didn't need the real ones.

Next time you pull the LIM off...don't disconnect the fuel lines from the rail, disconnect the whole harness from the injectors and move it to the side of the car still attached to the rail. Saves a bunch of hassle!

KhellendrosxS
04-03-2011, 05:56 AM

Shine a flashlight down into your rail. You either lost it in the rail when you pulled it out or it fell off the end of the supply and is laying somewhere in the engine. I thought mine didnt have one either when I did my tearing down but there is no way for that to hold pressure without an o-ring. It is/was there somewhere.