Rear O2 sensor wiring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear O2 sensor wiring

icecats87
04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have a wire diagram of the rear o2 sensor or what color wire goes to what prong. when i took engine out i forgot to unplug it so it ripped out the wires from engine side and i just bought a connector from dealership for 60 bucks i just wanna make sure i wire it correct since all 4 wires on the new one are grey.

icecats87
04-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Anyone i cant find it anywhere so my rear o2 sensor isnt working and is going through alot of gas!

MAC the KNIFE
04-07-2011, 06:13 AM
the rear o2 only senses if the CAT is working or not. if the rear o2 senses that the CAT wasn't working, you'd get a check engine light. that's all it does. it doesn't affect your mpg.

but the FRONT o2 will affect your mpg. it's on the rear of the engine, where the rear header bank turns into the downpipe. it's a tough location to reach, it was impossible for me to get in there with any tool and remove the o2 sensor, but maybe autozone rents a tool just for that.

just to be clear, your rear o2 sensor is unplugged right now? do you have a service engine soon light?

icecats87
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
the rear o2 only senses if the CAT is working or not. if the rear o2 senses that the CAT wasn't working, you'd get a check engine light. that's all it does. it doesn't affect your mpg.

but the FRONT o2 will affect your mpg. it's on the rear of the engine, where the rear header bank turns into the downpipe. it's a tough location to reach, it was impossible for me to get in there with any tool and remove the o2 sensor, but maybe autozone rents a tool just for that.

just to be clear, your rear o2 sensor is unplugged right now? do you have a service engine soon light?

when i pulled my engine out i forgot to unplug rear o2 sensor so it ripped out of the connector i have no check engine light the front O2 sensor is fine

juanvan
04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Go back to the dealer and have them tell you to the old one. Yahoo answers says get the type that plugs right in..

Pauljp
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
This is the wire diagram for my 03GAGT
Hope it helps.

icecats87
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Go back to the dealer and have them tell you to the old one. Yahoo answers says get the type that plugs right in..
the o2 sensor is fine just the connector side ripped out when i removed the engine, so i bought the dealership one that just has 4 wires i splice into the other wires then it just plugs into the o2 sensor
This is the wire diagram for my 03GAGT
Hope it helps.
thank you so much this is exactly what i need

Leinald
03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Anyone i want to install a air/fuel gauge but i dont know where to hook up...thanks

99grandam
03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Anyone i want to install a air/fuel gauge but i dont know where to hook up...thanks

front o2 purple wire that the signal wire for the gauge to hook up to