My First Real Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My First Real Issue

Stevo
04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok everyone, My DD is a 2005 Grand Am SE, 4 Door Auto with the 2.2L Eco. Completely stock and have had no real issues since i bought her in october of 2010, she has about 87 K miles.
So today i start her up, no problem, turn on the AC then bam car is constantly dying, turn off AC car runs fine... Popped the hood, everything looked normal. Car will start then die if AC is on, with it off runs like a champ. Then after about 35 Min it finally started letting me turn the AC on but idle was real rough. So what do yall think is goin on???

rizer
04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Compressor pulley seized?

Stevo
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM
That was a thought, but i saw no blockage of any kind and the belt looks new, assuming its the factory one but the car itself was maintained pretty well.
I watched the Idle a few times clicking on and off the AC, with it off idles fine, with it on it goes from normal to below operating but wasnt immediate and i heard the AC clutch engage and Cold air come out of the AC vent but then croaks within acouple seconds. Then started idle'ing very rough so im lost, no light or anything. I might this weekend jack it up and inspect all the belts and pulleys, etc.

Pauljp
04-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Doesn't the compressor engage while it is in defrost mode?
Try this... keep the AC OFF and turn on the defrost with the fan on and see if you get the same symptoms.
Let us know.

Stevo
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Car runs fine now, i dont know whats going on. i dont think it randomly doing that is a good sign, think anything might be on its last leg?