Major car problems videos included [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Major car problems videos included

icecats87
04-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Okay first off heres some previous information. 2 weeks ago i put a new transmission in. the transmission i had was from an alero and had a 3.15 ratio. last Thursday (march 31st) was when i had the car running after the swap.

there were things that broke off when doing the swap. the rear o2 sensor ripped out, and a plastic piece on the evap solenoid broke off. i went to the dealership and got a rear o2 sensor connector, and the evap thing and replaced them. all week the car was running very good. shifting perfect car felt like it was new.

the check engine light is always on and the i get the same code everytime P0443 and P0449 it has to do with the evap solenoid but i replaced it and i dont know why the code keeps coming up.

Finally this Thursday (April 7th) i was going up a little hill and started to accelerate and all of a sudden the car felt like it was about to stall, it bogged and hesitated, it felt very weird. i re tightened the cold air intake and was thinking oh maybe it was loose. the next day i was driving it around and it kept doing it. every time i let off the accelerator it would bog and feel like it would stall.

Friday after noon i turned the car on, i put it in drive and it slams into gear and pretty much shakes the entire car and the car would just stall. i tried it 3 or 4 times and it slams in gear and stalls. if i put it in neutral or reverse it doesn't slam and idles fine. i replaced the EGR valve friday night and it would stall right after i turned the car on.

Today i started buying more parts for it, i got a new idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, i cleaned the MAF sensor and cleaned all the electrical components too.

Now when i turn the car on it idles pretty good when i put it in drive it still slams but doesnt stall and i was able to drive it but around 2k RPM it starts to bog but once your going highway speeds the car is perfectly fine and runs perfect.

All the codes i have had in last 2 weeks are
P0449
P0443
P0102
P0403
P0122
Now the only codes that stay on all the time is the P0449 and P0443

During a cold start the car is perfectly fine and runs and doesn't slam into gear, once its warmed up it will slam and idle funny and sometimes stall and bog
If you need any additional info just ask
i have no clue what else to do or look for what do you all think?

Video of it stalling right when you accelerate
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/th_VID00011-20110408-1820.jpg (http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/?action=view&current=VID00011-20110408-1820.mp4)

Video of engine when shifting to drive its kind of hard to tell how much it shakes put in the car it slams really hard (the knock sound is the car going from shifting to every gear) at 20 seconds is the best you can see the whole engine move
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/th_VID00010-20110408-1819.jpg (http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/dvero1727/?action=view&current=VID00010-20110408-1819.mp4)

icecats87
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
After i cleaned the MAF today i just went to napa and got the codes i keep getting a P0102 code which is Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input could this cause the bogging? it showed up twice on the scan tool just two P0102 codes and also the stupid evap ones

AaronGTR
04-09-2011, 05:47 PM
You might have damaged the MAF wires in the harness, or the MAF itself. The MAF sensor has a lot to do with determining engine load and transmission line pressure. That is why if you remove the MAF and run in speed density mode, the trans slams into gear. Sounds like this is what's happening to you. It will also cause other drivability issues.

icecats87
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
You might have damaged the MAF wires in the harness, or the MAF itself. The MAF sensor has a lot to do with determining engine load and transmission line pressure. That is why if you remove the MAF and run in speed density mode, the trans slams into gear. Sounds like this is what's happening to you. It will also cause other drivability issues.

do you recommend a whole new maf? or is it there wires? and its weird i cleaned the maf and the connectors on it, drove it the car still bogged/ felt like it was goign to stall while driving. and it still slammed to gear i drove to napa again and read the codes and had P0102 this was on there before i cleaned the MAF after i cleared it there has been no bogging or stall feelings just the slaming into gear and hard shifts

AleroB888
04-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Which PCM are you now running? I think there still might be some incompatibility between the GrandAm GT vs SE or Alero V6/GLS programming. I had a similar issue trying to go with the GT PCM on the Alero GLS, it worked fine for a while, then later shifted hard and became undrivable.... just a possibility.

icecats87
04-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Which PCM are you now running? I think there still might be some incompatibility between the GrandAm GT vs SE or Alero V6/GLS programming. I had a similar issue trying to go with the GT PCM on the Alero GLS, it worked fine for a while, then later shifted hard and became undrivable.... just a possibility.

I have a tuned one from mpracing

rizer
04-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I was thinking maf problem also. If the problem is in the wiring, cleaning or replacing maf wont make a different. With the low input fault, if a new maf does not make a difference, probally wiring problem in harness like aaron mentioned

icecats87
04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Im pretty sure the bogging and hard shifting/going into gear slamming has something to do with the MAF i just went through the wiring for the MAF pretty far i un did all the tape and plastic cover to where it spilts into 2 spots (pretty far) and the wires looked ok there didnt seem to be anything wrong with them i had car on and did hooked up a volt meter to them and got 12v for one wire and 5v for the other, so im buying a new MAF tomorrow i really hope this fixes this

AaronGTR
04-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I have a stock one if you want it. Tried selling it on Ebay a few times but hasn't sold yet. Only 42k miles on it. PM me if interested.

icecats87
04-10-2011, 09:16 AM
I have a stock one if you want it. Tried selling it on Ebay a few times but hasn't sold yet. Only 42k miles on it. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer but i get a reallly nice discount at napa and im just going to buy a new one for $100 plus i need to car to be running perfect so i can drive back to school tonight =/

Ive researched it all night and over 15 people have had a P0102 code on several vehicles and there car does the same thing, it slams into drive but nor reverse or anything else, bogs, and shifts hard, about 13 of those people fixed the problem because the wires going to the MAF were bad but i just looked at them pretty far and the look fine plus got good volts from it while the car is on, so im pretty sure its the MAF. after i cleaned it and cleared the P0102 code it stopped bogging now just slams into gear so im about to leave for napa right now so ill let you know if it fixes it after i put it in

icecats87
04-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Ok so i put a new MAF in, the idle is fine acceleration is great car feels like it has more power it hasnt stalled or felt like it was going too and even my check engine light when out but.....its still slamming into drive and shifting hard as if i had a shift kit in the transmission think it still has anything to do with the maf? maybe the wire/ connector part?

icecats87
04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I just looked closely at the connector part, and theres a cut in the pink wire with wires sticking out, so im going to take a guess thats whats causing all of this, going to the dealership tomorrow to buy a new one and ill put it on

rizer
04-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Nice, hope it works out

icecats87
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Went to napa bought the same metal connector too it out of clip, then spliced new wire in and connected everything all problems went away

GrandAmMe
04-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Went to napa bought the same metal connector too it out of clip, then spliced new wire in and connected everything all problems went away

Glad you found the problem. In my opinion it does a car good to clean or even get a new MAF. When i replaced mine on my 3.5 Pathfinder I spun the tires leaving my driveway. It does make a big difference!

icecats87
04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Glad you found the problem. In my opinion it does a car good to clean or even get a new MAF. When i replaced mine on my 3.5 Pathfinder I spun the tires leaving my driveway. It does make a big difference!

Haha yeah my dad and mom are happy about getting the new stuff cause they were old (car has 130k miles on it) and they really helped cars runnin like a champ now!