2001 Grand Am V6 $500 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Grand Am V6 $500

Grand Am Fusion
04-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Someone offered me one for $500 but it has a blown head gasket and 157k miles on it but the body is and inside is in near mint condition just needs cleaning up because of dust and stuff I guess.

Would it be worth buying and repairing? Just wondering.

94cutlassvert
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
if you can fix it yourself not bad at all for a good running car if not run very fast in the opposite direction lol

edit if the heads are warped that might be a problem though as thats not cheap

HOYS
04-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Someone offered me one for $500 but it has a blown head gasket and 157k miles on it but the body is and inside is in near mint condition just needs cleaning up because of dust and stuff I guess.

Would it be worth buying and repairing? Just wondering.

Hell, if your in KY and don't want it, I'll come get it.

Grand Am Fusion
04-17-2011, 03:14 PM
What engines could I drop in it? I'm probably going to get a used engine of the same one that is in it. I was wondering though what other engines from other grand ams could I easily bolt in? Like what about the 2.4 Twin Cam from a car like the one I currently own?

burgett2103
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
i'll have a 3.4 for sale in the next couple months if your willing to drive and come get it...

xxbackhillxx
04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Buy it and part it if you have the time.

Grand Am Fusion
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Well I really want it as a second car. The one I have now I would use as my daily driver and just work on that one until I get it looking good and running right. Than I'm going to sale the one I have cause it has more miles and damage done to it.

Like the famed Dash Peel which I still don't understand why that happens to grands ams or how I could even repair it or keep it from happening.

Than the tranny slips from time to time cause I've driven the crap out of it

Plus the seat recliner knobs are gone and my motor in the seat doesn't do anythin anymore just makes a sound.

And than my bumper pain is flaking away in the front driver corner and the bottom part of it is cracked....

and to top all that off even though there is way more I keyed it myself the other day cause my dumbass girlfriend lmao

FromTheInside
04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
You keyed your own car because of your girlfriend?

Take off the oil cap and see if there is sludge. I know you are changing the head gaskets and so you will have all new gaskets from there up but if the engine was mistreated and neglected then it won't be worth your while. Just look on top of the head after removing the cap for an idea. Good luck.