2003 Grand Am G.T 3.4 No Start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Grand Am G.T 3.4 No Start

nolimit
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Afternoon Gents,

I have a 2003 Grand am G.T 3.4 79,900 miles.
Was trying to leave work wouldn't start.. waited a few,came back stil wouldnt start....No lights were/ are trigered on the dash. Reset the vats 4 times by waiting 10 mins. No lights would flash or anything..Still wouldn't start.Turn my key on I dont here the pump priming... went bought starting fluid,it will start and run with starting fluid..while running still no lights / codes. towed it home switched relays under the hood still nothing.Thought it was the fuel pump went purchased a Delphi $300 put it in. Still wont start and cant hear pump priming while cycling the key. Switched relays again put on a machine all passed.Wemt to fuel rail pushed in valve and gas comes out. I am stuck.

New Delphi pump
Switched relays under hood
Checked all fuses
No codes stored
Gas comes out of pressure regulater valve ????

I am stuck. Any Ideas gentlemen

MIL BREWERS
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM
did you rule out any battery issues? (head unit, amp, subs can draw power like crazy sometimes, and may need to check wires)

SevereDevil
04-21-2011, 08:42 AM
my car wouldnt start either. would with starting fluid but stalled right out if i didnt up the rpms. replaced the map and it started on its own and ran. got a rough idle still but it runs.

nolimit
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys, fingered it out, Unbeleivable.. underneath the car by the back passenger wheel,theres a 2 plug block.. we started to chase wires and found one that was corroded and broke,fixed the wire and now I have a power to the fuel pump!

nolimit
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
New Fuel pump fuel filter. When we installed it,it read the right amount of gas..Went today and filled her up @ 3.79 a gallon..Get in the car and reset my trip.Look down at my gas gauge and it only regeisters a halg tank ???? Anyone had this happen?

rizer
04-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Personally i would double check the fuel level sender

nolimit
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Update: My gas gauge just sits at half tank. Guess I am going to have to drop the tank??