Hit deer, Car Wont start... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hit deer, Car Wont start...

SevereDevil
04-24-2011, 08:13 AM
so this morning coming home from florida im in WV at abt 2:45 am in the fog i see this deer chillin in the middle of the road. swerved out of the way best i could. but i happened to clip the deer at 60 with the passenger front of my car.
the damage honestly doesnt look that bad. the pass fenders shot, 1in of the hoods bent down big deal and my pass door is pinched in the front so it wont open. radiators fine and the frame doesnt look bent.
i called 911 the cops came did their thing took pics and the deers dead. 6pnt buck. ripped its rearend off =[ poor deer. the right headlights Gone. along with right foglight they were hanging by a wire. but now i start my car it runs for a sec, bogs and stalls. i start it and pulse the gas pedal, revs up bogs and dies. steady pedal increase, bogs and dies. the car wont stay running. i looked at it with the cops flashlight. the motor n radiator and really nothing under the hood looks like it had been touched. the wheel looks fine. fender was bent but wasnt touching the wheel.
today i will go take a look at it in the daylight but i have no idea what it could be right now. no leaking fluids that i saw last night.
any idea why the car doesnt wanna run?

Stevo
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM
seized belt or the crash could have bumped or damaged the computer underneath your AC blower motor.

SevereDevil
04-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I looked at it today. Fires up and runs for abt 5 secs when I throw some starter fluid in the intake then stalls. Sounds like fuel pump to me. Is there some kind of shut off switch on the fuel pump that shuts it off due to an accident?
If that's not it prob might b the comp. Also the fuel filter could b jarred?

SevereDevil
04-24-2011, 02:40 PM
seized belt or the crash could have bumped or damaged the computer underneath your AC blower motor.

How would I know if it's the belt or comp?

Stevo
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
To my knowledge the Grand Am's do not have a auto fuel shut off like some new vehicles today have. Seized belt has similiar issues to what your having, try shutting off the AC and try to restart, ive had a wierd issue where if my AC is on there car would start bog down and die. The computer underneath your blower motor controls the engine so if anything there would have come lose your car would not understand the correct settings to run, so check there just in case. Very unlikely it would go bad if it was just in a accident. Someone else pitch in lol?