Front Window Switch [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Window Switch

Stevo
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey everyone, ive got a small but seemingly annoying problem with my driver window switch on my arm rest. It works but sometimes i have to click it up then down then up again and vice versa to get it to work. So is there a way i can maybe clean up the swtich or will i need to replace it? Thanks

cwolfenberger1
04-27-2011, 05:55 PM
You could pop out the control and clean the contacts.. but you could also stop by a junkyard and grab a replacement..

street_fire
04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
you could pop out the control and clean the contacts.. But you could also stop by a junkyard and grab a replacement..

x2

Stevo
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Not alot of junked grand ams around here, ive looked lol. But thanks for the info

Grreen99GT
04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Not alot of junked grand ams around here, ive looked lol. But thanks for the info

I think the problem you are having is what I dealt with a few months ago. I replaced it with a new one (yes I know it is pretty expensive), but it works perfect now. I bought mine off of ebay

cutlsp
04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
lol I know the grand ams aren't in junk yards here I haven't found any yet either and I'm trying to find new door panels. If I find anything I'll let you know.

street_fire
04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I got a spare 2dr master switch but not a 4th one sorry. Go to the junk yard and look for any alero master switchs. They are both the same. Just got to change out the buttons.