SLP in California? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SLP in California?

FuriousG
05-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I learned I'm heading to California for my next USAF assignment and I'm curious to know if having my SLP exhaust will make passing California emissions tests difficult. I have an OEM catalytic converter and stock headers so I'm assuming I'll be fine but I'd like an "informed" opinion too. Is anyone on this site currently living in CA with an SLP catback that can let me know if I'm going to have a hard time getting my car on the road there?

TruGreenGAGT
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Steven (Sruiz2169) had an SLP on his GT before he flipped it.....not sure how long he was in Cali, but could give him a PM. He not on the forums too much though

02GT_SkyHigh
05-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I have never had any smog issues. I have all in my sig.
Extreme excessive noise will get you pulled over though.
California is the Show-Me state.

I just smogged my girlfriends plymouth breeze it had like 280,000 and it passed no prob. Its not as tight as it looks.

Jake
05-07-2011, 07:15 PM
You'll be fine.

FuriousG
05-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the confirmation!

AaronGTR
05-08-2011, 01:11 PM
cat back exhausts are not part of the emissions on the car and are exempt from smog certification. There are noise level requirements that have to be met though, but the cops mostly targer r!cers with 4" exhaust tips for exhaust tickets, so you'll probably be fine.

02GT_SkyHigh
05-08-2011, 11:09 PM
cat back exhausts are not part of the emissions on the car and are exempt from smog certification. There are noise level requirements that have to be met though, but the cops mostly targer r!cers with 4" exhaust tips for exhaust tickets, so you'll probably be fine.

You dont even live here and you know the R!ce burns a smelly smell. lol

Ya ^^ hes dead on

AaronGTR
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
lol yeah, years of reading super street, import tuner, and all the other magazines that are all produced in cali. They complain non-stop about the car laws out there and always give pointers to people on how to comply, get around, or otherwise avoid trouble. :D