door panel removal help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : door panel removal help

gagtguy
05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
My window motor in my front drivers side door is working and going up and down but the window is not moving. I know the window is just not seated in the "window holder" (sorry but its name escapes me as I write this) because if I roll it down then seat the window in it the whole thing rolls up. also I have already replaced the regulator twice. My problem comes from trying to remove the door panel. I removed two screws (one behind each of the door handles) and was able to pry it away from the door all around the edges but there is something holding it in place in the middle (again i removed the screw mounted deep in the door handle) I tried everything (I did not remove the reflector tho) and only succeeded in starting to crack the door where I was grabbing it. any ideas on what I am missing? Is there a how to I missed? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys. :D

thormxkid
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
there are 4 screws if i remeber right.

one at door handle, one under switchs, one at armrest, and one under the reflector. then a bunch of clips on the panel.

germaphobicmonk
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Screw behind door grab handle, screw behind door open/close lever, screw behind reflector, screw underneath window up/down/lock button, remove tweeter housing (if applicable), and then tug out. Should not be "cracking" if you've done the above.

AaronGTR
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Aaaaaand this in no way belongs in the "all go" section. Moved.

gagtguy
05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Aaaaaand this in no way belongs in the "all go" section. Moved.

sorry I could not figure out which section it would fit best. thanks for straightening it out.

gagtguy
05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Screw behind door grab handle, screw behind door open/close lever, screw behind reflector, screw underneath window up/down/lock button, remove tweeter housing (if applicable), and then tug out. Should not be "cracking" if you've done the above.

I found the first 2 but there are no indications that there are any more. are they somehow inside the panel? remove the reflector to access a screw for example?

thormxkid
05-21-2011, 04:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZiqSEcbE4
watch it and learn grasshopper.

P.S not my vid

gagtguy
05-21-2011, 02:20 PM
:doh:

Thanks.