Lost Park. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lost Park.

SevereDevil
05-20-2011, 11:15 PM
so now i put my car in park. does nothing but idle at 1100 rpms(only in park after i drive, if i start it up in park its 600rpms.) i can roll the car and it rolls if on a slight hill. ive been turning the wheel and having it stop on the curb l8ly but i was jw if its gone for good or if i can get it back without a new tranny or rebuild. all the other gears work fine no prob with it shifting. i added tranny fuild. nothing. so should i stick wit the curb stopper or can i fix this thing?

all help appreciated =] and required xD

cutlsp
05-20-2011, 11:41 PM
the parking paw in your transmission broke most likely and it can't be replaced without tearing down the transmission to fix it.

sugar ray
05-21-2011, 02:32 AM
the parking paw in your transmission broke most likely and it can't be replaced without tearing down the transmission to fix it.

Probably "NOT" what he wanted to hear?? ;crap

That is gut wrenching knowing the tranny is still in good order

AaronGTR
05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Sounds like probably a broken parking pawl to me, but hard to say for sure.

Malaclypse
05-21-2011, 11:05 AM
It sounds like your parking pawl is indeed broken.

It could be an issue with your shifter cable being out of adjustment.. but if all the other gear positions work fine then its more than likely the pawl.

Unfortunately its at the deepest depths of your transmission next to the differential.

SevereDevil
05-23-2011, 05:34 PM
awesome thanks >.< i guess im just gonna carry couple bricks now on lol i aint gonna bother fixing it till i decide to rebuild the tranny. thanks tho. think ill just get my Ebreak fixed. cheaper lol