Wheel Bearing / Hub assembly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Bearing / Hub assembly

nolimit
05-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Afternoon Gentlemen,

Sorry to start a new thread, I usually just jump in one, But, I might have to come back with more questions ect, so I started this one.

For the past month I get the 3 dreaded lights. My uncle has the ODBII scanner and it comes up with the Right front sensor p1226 somthinglike that. I beleive the sensor is shot... I really don't hear a noise "Yet" I am going to replace them both. What bearing do you guys reccomend? I'd like a good bearing. I've read around for hours on here either Acdelco or Timken. What's a good bearing to choose. We drive the wheels off this car. I am asking because when I search for Acdelco I get different part #'s . Any recommendations on what bearings to use and where to get them. I've checked my local part stores. Autozone carrys Timken.Oreilly carrys National or precision.
Sorry to start another Bearing thread.. I am in a time crunch with me having one car and only a couple days to take off. My boss knows I work on my cars and understands. I am planning this out . THANKS GUYS

unchained_01
05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
BCA-513137 or raybestos 713137 i have had good luck with the raybestos on my car and a few friend cars that i do still work on Some of the aftermarket hubs use bearings made in mexico and wont last
So you get what you pay for
I usually drop the whole strut out and use a air wrench on the mounting bolts and loctie them back in
I found it to be easier than rounding off the bolt head and having to do it anyway good luck !!

nolimit
05-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Afternoon gentlemen, I know essentially all bearings are the same right? I'am looking for good quality with a quiet ride. I called around again, Oreliiy can get me the National for $115.00. So go with Naitional .?

2000 GT Coupe
05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Afternoon gentlemen, I know essentially all bearings are the same right? I'am looking for good quality with a quiet ride. I called around again, Oreliiy can get me the National for $115.00. So go with Naitional .?

I found the timken for under $100 but I think it was online if your ok with shipping try that, I believe it was www.rockauto.com

Just checked and they have national for $46 and timken for $68, plus shipping of course.

SuburbGT
05-23-2011, 09:03 PM
get the timken locally, should be under 100 and limited lifetime warranty

nolimit
05-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks. I have 79,900 on her. I think I am going to do plugs and wires, I've spent countless hours reading on this forum. I know it's been talked about a thousand times,but,I can't find it. What is the part #'s for the best two sparkplugs for our cars. I know acdelco or ngk.I think I prefer the Ac's. I am going to see if my part store has them in stock

nolimit
05-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Evening Gentlemen! Went with National Bearing and Replaced both front hubs.Went well,pretty easy I'd say. I torqed the 3 hub bolts to 70 ft pounds? is that Correct? I Cleaned everything and went ahead and replaced the pads and rotors while I was in there (Wagner Warranty). NO MORE LIGHTS The ride is quiet and smooth.. As if they were new.. LoL,

nolimit
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Evening Gentlemen, This here is a different topic, But I like to save bandwith and keep one thread instead of multiple ones. I have this post on another Grand am Forum, I like to have different opinions and was wondering if has anyone came across this

I have an 03 G.T 79,900... Replaced the fuel pump approx 4 weeks ago.Didn't have the pump turned enough while in the tank and allowed the float to hit the Vent thats molded into the tank and only showing a half tank of gas.
The other night I dropped the tank and turned the pump enough to free the float,Put everything back together went and put gas in to see if it read over half tank. Yep, But now I am getting the SES light went to my uncles put it on his machine and get P0452, Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input,. So I dropped the tank again and everything looks good,Redid the lock ring check the hoses and put it back and still have the code. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction or where to look please to get rid of this annoying (SES) light?

P.S, I also had the dreaded SvS,Trak,Abs lights too, but I replaced both bearings and all is well, All I have left is this code then I can drive my car without the christmas lights

Thanks

ltpats
05-25-2011, 01:46 PM

No not all bearings are the same, you get what you pay for.

nolimit
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
UPDATE: Went ahead and put in a new fuel pump it was under warranty,rechecked the lines,hoses,evap canister ..Started to chase down the wire harness and BINGO! there was a wire that broke by the plug...after looking into it closer there was two others that were on the verge of breaking, cut out the bad re-solder them,heat shrinked them put it back and Bada Bing. No More Lights! Back to how it's suposed to be

P.S What a great place for a wiring harness block