A couple of questions. Speaker and door lock. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions. Speaker and door lock.

Daethoron
06-02-2011, 05:15 AM
First of all, I know nothing about cars.

First question.
The driver door speaker had a tear in it and would make awful rattling noise when the sound coming out was too loud or the bass was too much but sound would come out at normal volume. So I got a speaker from a junk car, same kind, hooked it up but the volume is really really low no matter how high I have the volume. If I changed the audio to just come out of that speaker you can hear it, very quietly, but it does work. Is there a way to fix this, did I happen to put the wiring wrong or do I need to get a new speaker?

Second question.
When I first got my car, it didn't have a remote for keyless entry. I bought one and set it up and everything worked on it lock/unlock for both doors, trunk, and panic. Everything still works but now my passenger door doesn't unlock, even with the switch on the driver door, but it still locks with the switch or remote. Any help with either of these is appreciated.

juanvan
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
First - You may have swapped the wires - you don't have that funkie Monsoon system - swap the wires see what happens ;-)

Second - The relay in the DR side fuse panel is not activating to unlock the door. Replace the relay or clean it.

Daethoron
06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Speaker's fixed. I had the wrong wires connected.

This is probably a dumb question but how do I get the relay out? I pulled on it and it won't come out, I don't want to pull on it too hard though, I don't want to break something.

juanvan
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Wiggle it slowly pulling - it should just pull out unless its rusted in - you have a sunroof by any chance? If so - check for water in the box.

If you want to get this done quicked aim me I am on m-f 8-5 -- lunch/smoke breaks

Daethoron
06-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to mess with it till today. Yeah I can't get it out, I pulled on it and the whole board was starting to get tugged on. I went to autozone to get something else and just asked them about this really quick to see what they'd say about it, they told me that I would have to actually clean out the lock itself cause there's probably dirt blocking it and not allowing it to unlock. If this was the problem wouldn't I be able to hear it trying to unlock? Because I don't hear it trying to do anything.

SC/T02
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Don't listen to the auto stores. While some are really smart and know what they are talking about, a lot of them just pull some sort of "fix" out of thier ass. Your issue is a burnt up relay. You are correct. If you push the button you would hear the acuator attmept to comply with the request. If you hear nothing then it is a fuse.

juanvan
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Def not locked - Relays are just pressed in and are as easy to remove as any fuse with a little wiggle..

SC/T02 is right - just like when your AC kicks on you Hear the Relay click Before the AC starts pumping. Try it with your driver side one open the door - keep your ear to the fuse panel and you will hear that relay click.

Plus our locks are on the flat of the door, not on the arm rest part - would be even hard for say little joe to drop his oreo blizzard chunks in there to get it gobbed up.