Problem Removing LIM [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problem Removing LIM

street_fire
06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
So I was at a junk yard today to take off the upper and lower in manifolds. I got the upper off easy but not the lower. I got the valve covers and any that is connected that I can see. The only thing that I can is the gasket and the seals holding it but I have tried pulling on it. The motor and tranny is moving but not the LIM. What am I miss here???

HOYS
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
There are eight bolts total that holds the LIM to the rest of the engine. Four on the top around the injector bosses, and for on the sides of the LIM. Usually you need to have a regular 10mm wrench (not a socket, gear wrenches help here) to get these bolts out. You will probably have to remove the power steering to get these bolts.

rodg2003gt
06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68087&highlight=LIM+gasket+change

this helps alot used this doing my LIM gasket change

street_fire
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Ok thx guys. I'll be working on it again in the morning. I didn't think it was that hard to do. I must of missed something.

AaronGTR
06-04-2011, 08:37 AM
even if all the bolts are out sometimes they are stuck down pretty good. Might need to stick a pry bar of some kind down one of the port and use that as a handle to pull up on it.

street_fire
06-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Thx guys I got the LIM off. All the bolts were off and it was stuck to the block pretty good. I used a pry bar to get off. Thx for the help. Now I can send them in to be ported and polished at WOT-TECH.