Need to find a wire [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a wire

icecats87
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Is there a wire i could tape my neons into, just got some ccfl under dash neons, and it has just a positive and negative wire, is there somewhere i could wire it into where whent he lights automatically come on the neons go on? or if i turn my headlights on they come on?

i dont know how else to describe this lol

edit: Actually if i wire it into my fog light switch that should work, since they turn on with lights on or automatically

street_fire
06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
i was going to wire all my lights (when they come in) into the shifter light that in the center consle. that light comes on at night or when u the the switch for the parking lights.

icecats87
06-21-2011, 12:18 AM
i was going to wire all my lights (when they come in) into the shifter light that in the center consle. that light comes on at night or when u the the switch for the parking lights.

yeah ill either do that or just run a wire to my fog light switch. (my stock fog switch was broken so i have some little red switch in the slot beneath it.

i paid 10 bucks for these things and there bright as fock! ill install em tomorrow

street_fire
06-21-2011, 12:29 AM
do you need a fog switch cuz i think i got like 3 whole switches laying arouund??? So what lacations are you putting the lights at??

icecats87
06-21-2011, 08:42 AM
do you need a fog switch cuz i think i got like 3 whole switches laying arouund??? So what lacations are you putting the lights at??

nah i kindal like mine its red at night and matches the speedo and gauges while everything else is blue and im not sure yet i gotta look under the dash today

street_fire
06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
ok np.

burgett2103
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
i just wired my led's under the dash to their own toggle switch and then to the battery in my trunk.

icecats87
06-21-2011, 11:06 AM
i just wired my led's under the dash to their own toggle switch and then to the battery in my trunk.

i would but i think it would be better if they just come on when all the other lights go on

Jake
06-21-2011, 11:24 AM
i would but i think it would be better if they just come on when all the other lights go on

Well I am sure there will be times you will want them off. IMO wire them to a switch.

icecats87
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Well I am sure there will be times you will want them off. IMO wire them to a switch.

yeah thats also what i was thinking i might just wire them in now and later do a switch

possibly another one right next to fog light one

just ordered 2 new rocker switches there blue leds so it will match ill just wire it all in tonight

burgett2103
06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
once you have lights under your dash you'll never want to drive at night without them again. i tried it one time, and i literally cannot drive at night without them.

street_fire
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
^x2. I had some lights under the dash and in the vents in my neon back in the day. I miss them still lol

icecats87
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
have everything hooked up 1 problem. one of the tube is cracked and wont even work =/ gotta email them to see whats up, and 2 now when i turn my fog lights on the just go on and off real fast, the relay is contently clicking, and the fogs are going on and off super fast

street_fire
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the relay is getting too much power and it's turning off then goes back on again