problem with car caught on VIDEO! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : problem with car caught on VIDEO!

MAC the KNIFE
06-23-2011, 04:20 AM
car drove fine last night, until it started raining. next thing i know, it simply won't go above 4k rpm at WOT. i tried several times. i'm thinking the CAI filter was soaked from the spray kicked up from cars in front of me.
on the video, the first run to 4k was WOT, each time it would stay hung at 4k for as long i i pressed the gas pedal. the second run was a gradual increase up to 4k.

after that, the car was fine with WOT runs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMG3CYCgAf8

AaronGTR
06-23-2011, 02:59 PM
I highly doubt a CAI filter would get that wet just from road spray if the fender liner was still in place, and I really don't think a wet filter would cause enough restriction to do that either. An engine has a lot of suction power. It would suck the water right out of the filter and into the intake before it bogged like that. Maybe if the filter was dirty and the dirty got wet... hard to say. I'm more inclined to think the MAF sensor got wet and it was running rich, or maybe something else. Didn't seem like it was stopping right at 4000 but rather bogging a bit but still climbing slowly.

GrandAmMe
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
That sound kinda made me cringe at first. Sounds like a MAF or Filter problem to me.