Window tint scratched [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window tint scratched

Shade2012
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, title says it all, I was curious if this has happened to anyone before. Have any of you seen something like this before? It really pissed me off the first day I found it. I circled what caused it.

rocketfast123
06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
common problem from dirt getting in seals

MAC the KNIFE
06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
i work in a sandy warehouse lot. i don't have tinted windows, but i have vertical scratch lines on the glass from the sand on the seals.

Shade2012
06-30-2011, 04:38 PM
common problem from dirt getting in seals

I know its a common problem for these cars, but my other window has them horizontally, not vertical like this. I didnt know if that was common to have them vertical or not.

burgett2103
06-30-2011, 04:57 PM
i actually have a horizontal scratch on my passenger window too

Shade2012
06-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, mines on my driver side, and this is on my passenger side. The tint makes my drivers side stand out like crazy, I hate it.

cutlsp
06-30-2011, 06:39 PM
mine got scratched cause of the inside belt weatherstripping messed up on it. I'm sure it was caused by a friend of mine. I will replace the door panels and inside belt weather striping on my car and get it tinted again. Cause the last guy that tinted it forgot the stickers for the tint he also made the door panels have bubbles along the top of them...

dagenais
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I have the same issue... I figured it was the tint and when I went to my local shop to have the tint replaced he said it the glass and a very common issue. My passager side is the worse of the two...

Shade2012
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
mine got scratched cause of the inside belt weatherstripping messed up on it. I'm sure it was caused by a friend of mine. I will replace the door panels and inside belt weather striping on my car and get it tinted again. Cause the last guy that tinted it forgot the stickers for the tint he also made the door panels have bubbles along the top of them...

It looks as if the clip (circled in red) holding the two wires together is the cause though, and everytime i move it, it moves back to the same spot, so im not sure what to do.