Turns over, starts, stalls [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Turns over, starts, stalls

ReFLeX135
07-01-2011, 10:02 AM
2002 gt, larger motor, 4 door, 107k miles.

This has been happening, bu t never this ofen. Just had the gasket job done. Put in a fuel pump 10k or 15k miles ago. Has pass lock issue, especially if remote started where it wouldn't turn over. Now for the past 4 months it will turn over but not start. Starts next day and runs fine for a couple months.

Last month - filled up at gas station, wouldnt start. Walked home and drove back to pick up the wife, took about 25 mins and it started.

Then it overhead a month later pretty bad and had gasket job done.

2 months later and here I am with the same thing but a slight bit different. Get gas, turn over no start, but thought it did lol. It turns over fine. Then after a try or so it starts, really really low idle barely running for 3 seconds and dies. Tried pass lock fix, waited 30 mins also, nothing. Can smell fuel after it idles low and dies. Battery blinking, service engine, and oil light on. (No security light) Next day same thing. So I towed it to the dealer to check it in the morning. They started it and couldn't duplicate the issue. No lights so they said they couldn't test it. Drove it home totally fine, ran perfect. Get in an hour later for work and same problem.

Help lol. No one says they can check it unless lights are on, which is never during a time I can get it to them.

ReFLeX135
07-01-2011, 10:04 AM
edit: Oh and sorry for errors, at work on my cell

ReFLeX135
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
9 or so hours later same thing, just turns over. Tried pass lock once more, didn't help. Can't get it to the dealer today... Any ideas?

ReFLeX135
07-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Still can't figure this out, I really need help guys...

Mattyj724
07-11-2011, 06:36 AM
without your issuse with passlock.. it sounds like maybe the MAF is off. or wire is loose. this happened to me and it idle really bad and when it did start it would stall after. did you mess with it at all? just a thought. iv never had that many problems at once.