Fender Liner [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fender Liner

dcuballa
07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Had a rock take out my passenger fender liner, I went to the bone yard today and got one off a 99, got home and it wont fit at all. I looked at gmpartsdirect and its showing they are the same from 99 up....is this correct?

Polar03GT
07-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah, as long as it's off a 99 GT it should fit fine? Make sure the screw holding your fender to the bumper is still attached. It is on a bracket behind the fender, behind the headlight. Also, my aftermarket one didn't line up with the radiator support plastic on either side, so I guess that's normal anyway. I used heavy duty zip ties to secure it to the holes hidden behind the wheel in the front. But yes, it should fit if it was off a GT. As the SE's are different, which you probably know.

MAC the KNIFE
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
in my experience, the 99's do have a few quirks. i know the 99's Driver side fender liner has a little difference,
but as far as not fitting at all, that shouldn't happen. take the 99 you just bought and lay it beside the one that came off your car.
when they're side by side, you should spot the difference, IF there is one.
those pasenger side fender liners aren't easy things to stick back in place anyway.

feel free to stick pictures on here if it helps.

dcuballa
07-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah I screwed up....in my haste I completely forgot to check if it was a gt! I pretty much feel like a idiot