fuel pressure gauge for fuel rail [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure gauge for fuel rail

dcuballa
07-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Do they make a fuel pressure gauge that I can screw on to the valve on the fuel rail???

SuburbGT
07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
yes

dcuballa
07-16-2011, 03:24 PM
not a test gauge....but one to leave on the valve for good....if so where should I be looking

AaronGTR
07-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Here http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Gauges-Accessories/Part-Type/Gauges-Analog/Gauge-Type/Fuel-pressure/Gauge-Range/0-100-psi/?Ns=Rank|Asc

If you just want a mechanical gauge to leave on the fuel rail there are several cheap ones. You'll need a -6AN to NPT adapter and you have to take the schrader valve out of the test port. You can plumb it so it stays on the end of the rail somehow or run a short braided hose from the rail to the gauge and mount it somewhere in the engine bay.

IMO though a mechanical gauge mounted in the engine bay is only so useful. You can only see what the fuel pressure is with the car standing still at idle. Although they are more expensive, an electrical gauge with a sending unit is more useful since you can mount it inside the car so you can see how the fuel pressure acts under load.

Schweppe23
07-17-2011, 04:47 PM
or you could be like me a duct tape your mechanical gauge to the windshield...lol..

dcuballa
07-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah ive decided to get a braided line and run it over to the firewall and put a bracket to hold it under the hood. Thanks for the help guys

hahano404
07-18-2011, 11:43 AM
or you could be like me a duct tape your mechanical gauge to the windshield...lol..

^This^ i have seen b4. lol