Who can Read Diagnostic Information [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Who can Read Diagnostic Information

Kodeblue
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
I just bought an OBD2 reader today and did a test because my car won't start. Just wondering if anyone could guide me as to what any of this means.

Malaclypse
07-23-2011, 11:00 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with a no-start concern.

Did you check body codes? B2960 Maybe?

Kodeblue
07-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Not sure what you mean by body codes. I did some researching here and read that when the security feature is activated, the car does not even turn over. A coupke years back, my car would flash the security light and I would have to wait the 10 minutes or so to restart. About a month ago, the security light came on and has since stayed on continuosly while the car is running. I have not had an case where it would flash and not start though lately.

Malaclypse
07-24-2011, 12:22 AM
How about fuel pressure. If you press on the schrader valve that's on the fuel rail does fuel spray out after you've tried starting it?

Kodeblue
07-24-2011, 06:57 AM
I unscrewed that little black cap. When pushing on the little pin, fuel did spit out. About the security thing, should the car try and turn over or not if that was the problem? I cannot remember if it did or not when the light flashed before or not.

AaronGTR
07-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Usually with the security light the car will crank but not start. The security feature disables the fuel pump.

Kodeblue
07-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Well, since the damn pintle dropped somewhere down in the engine bay, I am screwed on doing anything more until I get that replaced. When I get another, I will try the security disable mod.

Kodeblue
07-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, I bought an IAC valve today and did the security disable mod and still nothing. The security light is not going off at all though. I pushed the pin on the fuel rail and now there is nothing coming out. Any ideas? Someone mentioned checking body codes. How do I do that? Does the OBC reader not do that?

juanvan
07-28-2011, 01:21 PM
How is the coolant 177 with out the engine being on?
Are you sure the fuel pump it getting pressure into the line?
Gas Spark and compression is the 3 major things to get an engine started.

zukiracer19
07-28-2011, 01:57 PM
when you turn your key on do you hear your fuel pump? or just a click...

zukiracer19
07-28-2011, 02:02 PM
i had a security code issue ... it was random.. even when i was driving it would come on and kill my car... just recently though... could be a failing BCM...

Kodeblue
07-28-2011, 06:37 PM
How is the coolant 177 with out the engine being on?
Are you sure the fuel pump it getting pressure into the line?
Gas Spark and compression is the 3 major things to get an engine started.

I have no idea about the engine temp. I pulled a code from our Trailblazer and then pulled from the GA. Would that matter?
The other day I checked the fuel in the rail and there was fuel come out. After doing the security mod, there is no fuel and also I do not hear the pump prime now. Where can I spray fuel into while cranking to see if it fires that way? Sure not as easy as the carburator days lol.

Also, after doing the security mod, why would my light still stay on? Shouldn't it have disappeared forever? Seems like nothing has changed since the mod.