Car wont start with good battery and alternator!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start with good battery and alternator!!

cudizone
08-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Hello all,
Yesterday I got 2 12'' subwoofers installed in my car with an amp. I drove home from best buy (where I got them installed at) and shut my car off to go inside. When I came back outside to leave again, my car wouldn't start. So, I thought maybe the speakers were pulling to much power and the battery died, so I decided to try and jump it, nothing worked. So then I took the battery to auto zone for them to test it, it's a good 100% working battery. I have no Idea why the car wont start. There are absolutely no lights that come on when the key is in the on position. When trying to start the car there are no sounds at all, no clicking of the starter, you can't even hear the fuel pump switch on, the interior lights won't turn on, hell the power lock button doesn't even work. So I was told to put the car in neutral and try to turn it on, and still nothing happened. Someone said it might be the security system that is built in the car not allowing the computer to start the car, but I am clueless and not all that great with cars. Any ideas on why it wont start, let alone wont turn on ?

sugar ray
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I would rule out bad starter. With a bad starter, you at least have power everywhere else. Sounds to me like a ground issue. Trace back the large ground terminal from the battery and ensure both ends are connected tightly. To both the battery and at the other end

G.I.Ceo
08-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds to me like a Passlock issue or the voltage regulator in your alternator is shot. If it was the regulator though it wouldn't kill the battery that fast, it would kind of take overnight to do it. I'm thinking its the Passlock.

350rs
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
inform best buy. ive had more friends than i can count get things installed there and it comes out with some sort of serious issue. Fried a ECU once, somehow.. Any and all problems caused by them are to be paid for by them 100%

azr3alazd3ycum
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
i recently had this problem. but like someone else said i would check all the grounds i know one time i had the battery and alternator replaced because my car didnt do anything like you explained and come to find out that one of the grounds to the starter had came off.