ABS, TRAC OFF, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON light coming on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS, TRAC OFF, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON light coming on

azr3alazd3ycum
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
For some reason when I am driving, randomly the ABS, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON, and TRAC OFF light all come on. This happened twice before and I turned the car off and turned it back on and the lights went out. There was a three month gap in-between the lights coming back on but today all of the lights came on again(1 month gap) and this time when I turned the car off, all of the lights came back on again. I just had the hurricane hit my house so I am wondering maybe if water is getting to a sensor and that is causing the lights to come on. The car still drives like it usually does. I do still have anti lock brakes which surprised me since the light was on. I didnt know if anyone else has had this issue in the past?

Pauljp
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
99.9% of the time it is caused by a wheel sensor going bad.
Check the connections since the hurricane went through, but most likely you will have to replace the sensor, which is built into the hub.
Lots of good right ups on how to tell which one it is and how to replace it.
I did mine two years ago, it was the first time I have ever seen a hub and I had no problems, as long as you have the tools.
An OBDII reader will not tell you what sensor is bad, but Autozone and stuff can read them and I believe it is free. I am from Canada so it is a bit different here.

sleepyalero
08-29-2011, 01:07 PM
i second the bad wheel hub.

[ChaosweaveR]
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Wheel hub. Had the exact issue when mine went bad.

icecats87
08-29-2011, 04:41 PM
about to buy 3rd hub for my car

azr3alazd3ycum
08-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Yea I went to autozone to see if it would shoot out any codes but it didn't but I will check the sensors and see if I can get it fixed. Thanks for the help.

Metallman56
08-31-2011, 05:43 AM
x42 on speed sensor/ wheel bearing. a search would have foud that

AaronGTR
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
search is my friend (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2537660)

Issue has been covered 100,000,000 times. ;)