side skirts screws and clips [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : side skirts screws and clips

street_fire
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Ok this the thing is pissing me off. I want to put on my SCT side skirts on but the those stuiped screws are messed on my stock side skirts. They won`t come out. I`m at the point of breaking everyone off. Am i going to break the molding by doin this. I can get push pins at work for free to replace the screws... The bolts on the bottom are fine it`s the screws on the side of the side skirts are the problem...

Unless i`m doin something wrong.

AaronGTR
09-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Not sure which ones you are talking about. It's been a while since I took mine off... but from what I remember there where screws around the inside of the wheel arches, then a bunch of clips on the under side with pegs that go into notches on the back side of the side skirt. There is double sided tap behind it holding it on at the top edge though. You have to work the tape loose first, then pull the side skirt to unlock the notches from the clips. It can be quite difficult, and might even take two people.

street_fire
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
i having problems with the screw that are around the inside of the wheel arches... The screws are stripped and won't come out. I'm been thinkin just to just break them off some how but i'm worried about hurting the stock side skirts. Any suggections to take them off???