02 GT won't start cold unless I give it gas for about a min [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 02 GT won't start cold unless I give it gas for about a min

BCK
09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Re-starts fine after it's warmed up. Accelerates good. Not getting any codes.

Recently did the LIM, no longer leaking coolant. Changed the thermostat. Cleaned the MAF sensor. Checked for vacuum-leaks. Fuel injectors are new and clicking. Changed spark plugs today, old ones looked normal. Battery is good. Oil looks good. A/C works.

I have searched the forums and the internet and I am getting lost.

I only got 69K on this thing. Any directions?

BCK
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Unbolted the EGR and the car started right up.

BCK
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Replaced the EGR today, must not have been the problem. Car still doesn't want to start.

AleroB888
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Unbolted the EGR and the car started right up.

Possibly idle air control (IAC) or wiring from/to the throttle body, or TPS

BCK
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I went and picked up a new IAC and swapped it in real quick but the car still doesn't want to start.

KillNThrill24
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
mine used to do that. would baaarely start unless i had my foot pushing the gas down a little bit. got to the point where i could barely drive the dam thing because it would just die while i was driving it unless i had my left foot use the brake, and shift into N and keep my right foot on the gas if i were stopping or it would die. ended up being my FPR. i unbolted the old one (which was all nice and covered in rust) and replaced it with one from autozone and it fixed everything, and still runs fine today. i would try that next if you dont have any vacuum leaks