Aftermarket bodykits + OEM parts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket bodykits + OEM parts

UndeadGods
09-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey guys,
Only recently have I started upgrading up my GT, money is not much an issue but lack of knowing where to find the right stuff is. So I need some help from you guys. I need two things..

1) A site for aftermarket bodykits
- Only one that I know of looks promising but I dont know if its legit. I ordered some headlights (it carries from body kits to breaks, rims, lights, and other accessories) some time ago, but got no word of it yet. It might, or might not come.. Still trying to find out... lol

My question is, does anyone know this site Andy's Auto Sport Body Kits (http://www.andysautosport.com/) ? Is it reliable? Have you ordered something from it before?

- Or if you dont know/trust this site, then, what site would you recommend?

2) Another thing I'm looking for is OEM parts site. A buddy told me of Rock Auto (http://www.rockauto.com/) and it looks really good. From what I know, he told me its legit too.
But I haven't been able to find some things.. I couldnt find mud/splash guards that have Grand AM, or Pontiac writing.
Nor could I find Pontiac shoulder pads (I don't know if these are OEM or aftermarket but I couldn't find them anywhere but on eBay)

- So once again, what OEM site do you guys use, if you use one that is. And where could I find splash/mud guards + shoulder pads?

[ChaosweaveR]
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Bodykits = fail

If you MUST need one, go SC/T. The RK Sport kit look nice, but is NOT Daily Driver friendly at all.

Rock Auto is a decent source for parts.

You have a GT, and they're good lookers without the need of a bodykit.

cardude007617
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
He's new...

You'll learn that "tasteful" accents are a big thing on this site. Most full on body kits made for GA's belong on the crummy civics you see driving around with large fart cans hanging from the back. However, the SC/T is a factory part (means mostly good factory fit and high quality) is something to look into. PFYC.com (while I find expensive) has some stuff you might be looking for. They are also a forum sponsor.

O1GAGT
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Body Kits.... you mean people still install those?
99% of the body kits do not appeal to me and the ones that do were done from the factory.

Rock auto is legit and ships quick for all your basic replacement part needs.

street_fire
09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
;1163692']Bodykits = fail

If you MUST need one, go SC/T. The RK Sport kit look nice, but is NOT Daily Driver friendly at all.

Rock Auto is a decent source for parts.

You have a GT, and they're good lookers without the need of a bodykit.

x2. I went with the SC/T and love the look...

AaronGTR
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Andy's is a legitimate site, but all their body kits look like crap and the fitment and quality is even worse. Don't waste your time with them. Stock looks pretty good with some basic accessories. If you really want something sharp get the SC/T kit from partsforyourcar.com, or the RK sport body kit from rksport.com. Both of them still take some work to paint, install, and make everything fit nice and neat, but they are the best body kits available for this car. And as stated they do have their drawbacks and you have to be careful in day to day driving... ground clearance can be an issue so you have to watch out for steep driveways and parking blocks. ;)

rock auto is a good site for finding oem style replacement parts. They carry a few oem parts, but more aftermarket replacement parts. Some of those parts are actually better than OEM, and some are worse, but the prices are usually good. gmpartsdirect.com is another good site where you can get all original oem parts. They sell at whole sale rather than dealership prices, but can sometimes still be more expensive than rock auto or others (because they are factory parts), and they can occasionally have kind of high shipping and handling prices and slow shipping times. Between those two and my local advance auto parts, I can usually find anything I'm looking for at the best price and the quality level I want.

KillNThrill24
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
^Andy's seems to me to be a little out of date as well. i used to go through that site looking for everything and anything a couple years back. i just checked it not too long ago and nothing has changed. PFYC does have the SC/T but at a price.

its pretty much all based on what your willing to spend, as with most things you get what you pay for

UndeadGods
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
You'll learn that "tasteful" accents are a big thing on this site.
Indeed..

But thanks for your responses guys, I just received my halo/LED lights today, hopefully they'll be up and runnin on my car soon!

Although every1 was too busy giving their opinions about bodykits that noone responded regarding mud guards + shoulder covers.. Hmm...