How long we got when the PS-Pump starts whining?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How long we got when the PS-Pump starts whining??

sugar ray
09-21-2011, 12:45 AM
PS pump has started to WHINE on my 02 GA. Only seems to do it when the car is cold and only during steering through corners. After warming up, life is good!!No big deal!! fairly cheap replacement part and easy to replace. No leaks or tight steering just a bit of a whine. Don't wanna wait too long to replace it.

How long can they go??

Starglow
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
PS pump has started to WHINE on my 02 GA. Only seems to do it when the car is cold and only during steering through corners. After warming up, life is good!!No big deal!! fairly cheap replacement part and easy to replace. No leaks or tight steering just a bit of a whine. Don't wanna wait too long to replace it.

How long can they go??

Check your PS fluid level anyway even if you don't think there's a leak. PS pump isn't hard to replace as you said, so you can either change it now or wait until things start to get worse, but I would do it before winter if you live in a cold climate.

sugar ray
09-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks a bunch!! will do!! I do live in O'Canada so ya we get some fun winters. However, my GA has never seen a snow flake. It is parked every winter in hibernation:angel

stillriza
09-22-2011, 04:24 AM
For what it's worth, mine started going bad last winter (january time) to the point where the whine was terrible and steering was difficult only during start ups. After the car warms up, everything is fine but i still have a slight whine. I still havent replaced the pump yet.