Fogs died [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fogs died

KillNThrill24
09-28-2011, 09:33 PM
i relocated my battery on monday (using some 4g i had sitting around from some old systems) and took my car out for a spin. it had a reeaaaal hard start. real hard. it cranked really hard and i dont know why and it started. probably because of the power wire now being approx. 8ft so it takes awhile for the power to get from A to B? idk anyway it was raining (ha what a surprise i live in cleveland ohio) and so the roads had water on them naturally and i got back home and the lights reflected off my camaro and i noticed the fogs were no longer on. my first reaction is sh*t that puddle killed them, but the fog light switch no longer lights up when its in the on position and flipping the switch on and off got the one fog to turn on but now there both dead. havent had a chance to get under and look but my guess is they are fried. which is crappy because the HID directions specifically say "waterproof"

anyone else had/have this problem?

also i moved the battery back up to the front where it belongs because i turned the car on later monday and it barely started and popped my trunk lol... but it still barely starts. i have a crap parts4plus battery in it right now its about 3yrs old.. is it dying?

SuburbGT
09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
bring it over here man...we'll figure it out quick...i just hate this internet diagnosis bs lol

KillNThrill24
09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
yeah true its hard to tell exactly whats wrong based off what someones saying lol one of my days off maybe i will if i cant figure it out before then thanks man

burgett2103
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
did you use actual battery cable? (larger thick strands inside) or amp power wire (hundreds of little thin strands)? When i relocated mine i had same problem, then realized i used the wrong kind of wiring.

icecats87
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Get the battery tested, when they go out the do the weirdest things on these cars, and for the fog sounds like the fog switch broke, mine stopped working one day and i got a little rocker switch from napa and spliced new wires from the switch and they fogs worked after that

whiteGT99
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
i would look into a new fog light switch, i put in an speedo overlay and when i was done for some reason the fogs didnt work so i change out the switch and the work just fine