Good magazine [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Good magazine

street_fire
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm looking for some good magazines to read for performance knowledge.

AleroB888
10-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm looking for some good magazines to read for performance knowledge.

GM High-Tech Performance

AaronGTR
10-06-2011, 04:40 PM
GM high tech pretty much only covers V8's though. It's good for an occasional read, but if you don't have an LS engine don't expect to get much out of it. IE I wouldn't get a subscription. Same with high performance pontiac. It's mainly older classics and newer muscle cars.

I used to LOVE sport compact car magazine. They didn't discriminate between imports and domestics, and they had a lot of good tech articles with info that could be applied to any car and wasn't platform specific. Things that applied to general engineering and physics principles and stuff like hows turbos worked etc. Really sucks that they canceled that mag.

My current favorite right now is Dsport. It's pretty much import biased, but it has some good technical info and has some former editors and contributors from Sport Compact Car working there.

street_fire
10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
So Dsport is on my list now.

AleroB888
10-07-2011, 07:42 AM
GM high tech pretty much only covers V8's though. It's good for an occasional read, but if you don't have an LS engine don't expect to get much out of it. IE I wouldn't get a subscription. .............

True, best thing is catch it at a store and thumb thru it. I've never subscribed to any of them. I found some of the best articles available anywhere in it on the basic functions of TPS, IAC, fuel injectors, pumps, etc. and of course, turbo Buicks.

Just like in the HP Tuners forums, you can read stuff from the GM V8 crowd to get general tuning knowledge.

slw240sx
10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.performanceracing.com/magazine/

its what i get. nothing like it if you are into inside industry type of publications. you get to really see the behind the scenes of what goes on in the performance industry.