Horn not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Horn not working

twiztid
10-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi guys,

So my Horn does not work, yet when the button is pressed the Connection, Relay and Fuse all register good voltage, also I noticed that when the horn button is pressed my orange headlights turn on. Not the turn signals but the other ones.
When the horn is connected directly to the battery the horn works........
What do I need to look for or do i need to pull off the Airbag assembly to get this to work?

zukiracer19
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I have to troubleshoot mine so I can let you know. Mine hardly works but I think it's just the horn... I'll let you know I'm in the same position.

Pauljp
10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
This is for my 2003 GAGT.

The slip ring on the steering column provides a ground when you press the horn button and goes out the black wire on pin A of connector C2 on the multifunction switch and energizes relay 21 located in the fuse box under the hood. The contacts from the relay will take power from 15 amp fuse #43 also located under the hood and feed it directly to the two horns behind the passenger headlight.
There are three connectors on your multi-function switch. a 4 pin, a 5 pin and a 6 pin. Your horn wire is the black wire on the 4 pin connector. If you unplug the 4 pin connector and ground the black wire, your horn should sound.